cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a UK land line call when I have Unlimited Calls

MartinConnolly
Hooked

Charged for a UK land line call when I have Unlimited Calls

I have Unlimited Calls on my phone plan. I checked the price tariff and it simply says all UK land line calls are inclusive. But in my current bill I have been charged £1.80 for a call. This would seem to be an error. Can it be fixed? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Charged for a UK land line call when I have Unlimited Calls

How long was the call, was it an 01,02,or 03 prefix? You need to hang up and redial after 59 minutes to avoid getting charged.

John
MartinConnolly
Hooked

Is that actually mentioned anywhere in T&Cs? If so fair enough.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Also worth noting that calls to the Republic of Ireland used to be free -- until Brexit. About half an hour with a friend in Sligo cost me a fiver 🙄

jab1
Legend

@MartinConnolly wrote:
Is that actually mentioned anywhere in T&Cs? If so fair enough.

It is, but you may have to search, or look at this link: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/about-your-phone-service/ . I haven't examined it in detail for a while, as I have had no need.

John
MartinConnolly
Hooked

I've looked at every link from that page and there is no mention of a 59 minute limit anywhere - as far as I can see anyway!
jab1
Legend

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere, but I (a) signed up for it a long time ago (b) cancelled it about 12 months back and (c) I'm no longer a PN customer, so don't know if I'll find it.

Give me 10-15 minutes...

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It's on this page - https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime

under

Residential phone tariff information

How we calculate call charges

It's like the info on Plusnet's mobile service not including short code access - it's there but you have to dig to find it.  Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jab1
Legend

Have a look on here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/about-your-phone-service/ , click the 'home' link and then 'how  much do calls cost'

@198kHz beat me to it. 😀

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

It is in various places - see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/acceptable-use-policy/#phone

8.4. You are responsible for all call charges incurred (see our Price guide for details on call plans and call charges). The following calls are not included in any of our call plans (and will be chargeable):

8.4.4. any calls lasting longer than 60 minutes (only excess minutes will be chargeable); and

8.4.5. any international calls lasting longer than 60 minutes on a call plan (only excess minutes will be chargeable).

8.5 For any call plan that includes a fair usage limit, if you exceed this limit, we have the right to charge you for any further calls made, as well as take any further action under this Acceptable Use Policy for breach of this section

Plusnet landline call tariffs | Help & Support - Plusnet

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#how-we-charge-for-calls

Inclusive call length

• Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Calls to Plusnet Support are free for the duration of the call, regardless of length

Inclusive calls that become chargeable are charged at the relevant rate until the end of the call. The call set up fee is not applied.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MartinConnolly
Hooked

Thanks. It's fairly clear there but I would argue that Plusnet do not make that clear in the plan descriptions when new customers are signing up for the service.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The details are very clear on the call plan page in the sign-up journey...

Unlimited UK & Mobile calls:

Anytime calls: Calls of up to an hour to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers at any time (except calls to indirect access numbers (which include calling cards) and dial-up internet access). Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable). A fair usage limit of 150 calls or 1000 minutes a month (whichever is reached first) applies to calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers (if you exceed this limit, we have the right to charge you for further calls made, suspend and/or terminate your service in accordance with our terms and conditions).

Mobile calls: Calls to UK mobiles and 070 personal numbering services made at any time. Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable). A fair usage limit of 2000 minutes a month applies (if you exceed this limit, we have the right to charge you for further calls made, suspend and/or terminate your service in accordance with our terms and conditions). Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes and you won't be charged. Some 07 numbers do not constitute mobile numbers and may not be included as part of an inclusive mobile package.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.