cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge of £14.99 to downgrade form Anytime+ to Evenings and Weekends

Ash07
Dabbler

Charge of £14.99 to downgrade form Anytime+ to Evenings and Weekends

When I signed up to PlusNet and chose to get the phone package too, I was under the impression you were free to change between packages. However, this does not seem to apply for the phone package. How can PlusNet warrant £14.99 just to switch package? Is this a new fee recently introduced? Now that the new VoIP system is in trial (and now works with my hardware) all is looking good. Any calls that I would make during the day I would use from the VoIP inclusive 120 minutes so no longer have a need for the Anytime package.
Also, would it be possible to switch back to BT for line rental and calls and then at a later date, sign up again for the PlusNet package?
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Charge of £14.99 to downgrade form Anytime+ to Evenings and Weekends

Hi,
It would be possible to switch back to BT and then back to us, but by switching to BT, you would be signing up for a 12 month contract.
Regarding the downgrade charge, this shouldn't be happening but I believe that we have a problem open on this to ensure that this is fixed.
Ash07
Dabbler

So this downgrade charge, should I wait until the problem is fixed so I dont get charged £14.99 or can I downgrade and claim a refund?
Thanks
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The £14.99 charge to downgrade is not a problem as such, this is the standard charge to downgrade your account.
We are however in discussions with our products team to remove this charge, I'll chase this up and see where we're at with it.
In the meantime if you wish to change product please let me know when done and I'll refund the charge for you in this case.
Please accept our apologies for any confusion caused.
Ash07
Dabbler

Thanks Mand Smiley I have PM'ed you my account details if needed.