Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for phone divert on fault?

mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Charge for phone divert on fault?

My line was down over the weekend and I asked PN to divert to my mobile so I could get incoming calls.
When I was with BT I got a free divert under these circumstances until my line was fixed but PN have charged me.
Does anybody know if this is a "hidden" cost of PN phone or should I be able to get the same level of service as BT provide?
I have raised a ticket but got what seems to be a boilerplate reply without any reference to the fault conditions.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
mbeenham
Rising Star

Re: Charge for phone divert on fault?

Well I have got my answer from the CSC:
Regardless of whether the call divert is applied as part of a fault / activated manually (you are away from the property), the diverted part of the call will still be charged for.

This can result in high and unexpected charges for incoming calls if your line is out of action for several days.
BT 1 Plusnet Nil...
Shocked
lingbob
Grafter

A similar thing happened to me last Christmas and I was actually asked if I wanted my calls diverting to my mobile but I was not told that I would be charged for the diverted calls. I brought this matter up at the time but I don't ever recall getting an answer. I feel that where an offer is made to divert calls, there should be a moral obligation to mention that charges will apply.
Regards .....
mbeenham
Rising Star

Well it actually goes a bit deeper than that.
I asked (via the ticketing system) that if they did a free divert on a fault (like BT do) could I have it please and seven hours later (after another chase) they set divert without telling me there would be charges!
Fortunately BT Openreach were so quick off the mark to fix the fault that I only accumulated one incoming divert so minimal damage compared to my mobile charges while on hold to the CSC.
Otherwise I would be knocking at the door...
Sad
godsell4
Rising Star

I too was annoyed by this fact, and had assumed like BT that the cost of diverted incoming calls would be charged for.
The total cost at the time to me was not great but did not persue it.
This goes against a statutory right you have due to the Sales of Good and Service Act, I guess PN know this and would refund you if you asked and stood your ground, if a line fault was unfixed for a week or so this could add up to quite a cost.
The BIGGEST issue here of course is not being told by CSC they are going to charge you even though legally they should not.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: mbeenham
I asked (via the ticketing system) that if they did a free divert on a fault (like BT do) could I have it please and seven hours later (after another chase) they set divert without telling me there would be charges!

I refunded the charges earlier on this evening when I stumbled across your ticket. Sorry you weren't advised there would be any!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Frankly, I'm amazed there's any question of charges.
If I have a broadband problem Plusnet automatically make a free dialup number available to me (even though I haven't got a modem that would enable me to use the facility!).
Surely, there is some inconsistency here?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mbeenham
Rising Star

Bob, Thank you for the apology and for the refund (though it was so small the money wasn't really the issue).
It is a pity that PN do not adopt the free divert on fault that is expected (at least by ex-BT phone customers).
Alternatively why not make it clear in the support/help pages?
I did do a search before asking (I find a lot of answers without bothering PN that way!) but came up with nothing.relevant.
PN is furtunate to have staff such as yourself that would be a credit to any support organisation.
Regards
Martin