Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to plusnet - billing

ARone
Grafter

Changing to plusnet - billing

Hi ,
Im with Bt at the moment and due my bill for phone shortly , Im already with plusnet for broadband and considering a move for phone as well seeing as Ive been quite happy with internet.
What Im unsure about is that with BT ive always had a 3 monthly bill that I think includes upfront payment for the next 3 months on rental seeing as Ive been with them for 15 years or so this is the way its always been .
How do plusnet bill for phone is it same as broadband monthly and if so how would I change anyway considering BT will have already billed me upfront on latest bill therefore would I be paying 2 companies at once , Im not on a fixed contract with Bt due to age of account but Im trying in my head to work out how I do this without paying 2 companies , would BT refund/rebil I would like an easy change but the paying 2 companies whren Im moving more for convenience of 1 company  than anything extra cost is not what I want  and dont want to be trying to get 3 months back from BT if its difficult or obviously paying twice : (
Whats the easiest way to do it as I now make hardly any calls at all on home phone so may as well have just 1 bill from plusnet  anyone had any experience with a  quarterly bill bt set up ?
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Changing to plusnet - billing

Welcome to the forum
not sure now, but when I changed about two years ago, I got a rebate from BT very shortly after the move  
and yes PN  are monthly think in advance, BB is
recently people have come unstuck as BT puut them on a fixed 1 year and insisted that they paid for the year when they moved
I normaly takes just a few days to chane
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Changing to plusnet - billing

When I moved my phone service from BT to Plusnet a few years ago BT immediately credited to my account the unused quarterly rental that I had paid in advance .
It took a couple of phone calls to turn a credit balance in an account (when I was no longer a BT customer for any service!) into a cash refund.