cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls for existing customers.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Changing to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls for existing customers.

@MisterW wrote:

It certainly disagrees with the LRS faq https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/ which says you can change call plans

Yes, normal rules for call plan changes apply, you can change your call plan at any time, so long as you've not changed it in the previous 30 days.

It doesn't disagree with the LRS FAQ.

@MisterW wrote:

Now that sounds ok for people who subscribed before Sept 2016 since they can access the old call plans

@MisterW wrote:

but what about people who subscribed after that? They can presumably only access the new call plans and therefore can't change if they have LRS.

If the customer has LRS and is on a legacy phone package with a prefix (for example Talk Anytime, or Plusnet Evenings & Weekends) they will not be able to move onto one of the new plans till their current LRS expires, at which point they will need to contact us to arrange the package change.

If someone subscribed after this, they would be on a new call plan and I believe they can still change between the new call plans while LRS is active.

EDIT:

@ITWorks - I was writing this response when you posted your previous reply.

@ITWorks wrote:

It seems like a complete oversight by PN , why would you you allow new call plans to be added, that have zero flexibility with your LRS, seems this was clearly not tested before the new packages was launched. 

Which is also against the T and C of the contract.

If i am a new customer after the package change , and add a call plan , i then decided to add LRS , i then decide i want to remove/change  the call plan as per the T and C , i can not as the system will not all it , a very clear breach of the T and C.

A response PN would be appreciated

I believe my comments above answer this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

If the customer has LRS and is on a legacy phone package with a prefix (for example Talk Anytime, or Plusnet Evenings & Weekends) they will not be able to move onto one of the new plans till their current LRS expires, at which point they will need to contact us to arrange the package change.

If someone subscribed after this, they would be on a new call plan and I believe they can still change between the new call plans while LRS is active.

@HarryB, Thank you for that clarification. if that is correct then fine, but earlier staff responses contradicted that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for any confusion caused by earlier staff responses.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Now I was UNABLE to renew my LRS 'cause I was on a legacy free e&w calls package. After the muck up of my account in August it refused to allow me to renew in Sept.

So WHY was I unable to renew, I didn't get any answers at the time, and chat was running at 90 min queues.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@HairyMcbiker wrote:
Now I was UNABLE to renew my LRS 'cause I was on a legacy free e&w calls package. After the muck up of my account in August it refused to allow me to renew in Sept.

Looks like your account wasn't on legacy free E&W at this time. It was E&W Included. The free call plan included on Fibre Extra. Unfortunately this call plan is not compatible with LRS.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

That was done AFTER the muck up, I have been able to renew LRS for the past 2 years. I HAVE NOT changed my phone account, the messing was done after I had to open a complaint due to the fact you were charging me when I HAD already paid. The person who removed my phone and the person who put it back were different. The fact it has changed means that I can no longer renew.

I have/had been on legacy E&W since I moved to PN from BT for phone many years ago now.
Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I have just found this thread and thought I would add my story about my problems with LRS and changing phone packages.

I am an existing customer of long standing (Dec 2003) currently I am on a LRS which finishes in Jan 2017. I was on the old anytime call package at £6.00 a month which then increased to £6.50 in Sept 16. My current deal finished in July 16 and I negotiated another broadband package with discount for the next 18 months. When I learned of the proposed anytime call package including mobiles at £8.00 a month I rang and asked if this could be added. I was told it could only be added after it started on the 1st September 2016.

In September I duly rang and asked for it to be added and was told that would not be a problem and it was added to start from my next billing date at the beginning of Oct 16. Well I got the new call package added ok and got the included mobile calls as promised. However my October bill now showed my phone package as £9.99 a month and not £8.00. I rang to query this to be told it was a bit of a mess but would be sorted out and was given a refund of £1.99 for the overcharge.

This Months bill (Nov 16) guess what! Yes exactly the same as last month with call plan showing as £9.99 and not £8.00. I rang on 6th Nov to query again to be told yes I was correct and accounts would be informed and get it sorted out and I would get a refund again. Checking my questions in my tickets etc. no record of my call was made so I rang again today to ask again about my incorrect bill. I was then told about the LRS issue mentioned in this thread which is the first time I was aware of this or told about it. I was told I would have to keep paying the extra call plan charges until my line rental saver ran out in Jan 17 and then ring and ask for the plan to be corrected then! When I pointed out that PlusNet told me I could have the plan changed and the evidence is in my bills I was just told sorry but there is nothing they could do and I had to keep paying as it is until Jan 17 but no more refunds would be given!

Told a manager would ring back but have heard nothing so far. I am currently working away from home which makes it even more difficult for me to sort. I can not believe with everything carried out they can turn round and imply it is my fault for having a LRS plan.

Basically not sure where I can go now, just. accept it and overpay until next year to keep my call plan with mobiles included at an increased cost - which is not shown anywhere on the website!

It would be nice to have comment from a senior manager from PlusNet but I guess with the way they are working customer service nowadays this is highly unlikely. Very tempted to call in at Sheffield when I get back and call in person to there offices and speak face to face. Guess they wouldn't let me in knowing PlusNet!

Very cheesed of now to say the least.

chroma2000
Rising Star

It seems that when your line LRS runs out and your monthly bill once more lists a line charge, the Change Product Tool still doesn't offer you the 'Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls' option. Is this a conspiracy against loyal customers?

Has anyone successfully used the 'Product Change Tool' to move to 'Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls' after letting the LRS lapse?

brendajorsler
Rising Star

I have paid my annual line rental in advance and have anytime calls.  I went to my account and added mobile calls.  I had an email confirming that the mobile calls (free for 2000 minutes) will begin 15th Dec 2016.  Very simple process.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chroma2000 - If you give us a call, I believe we should be able to add it to your account if you don't have active LRS.

@brendajorsler - The problem with adding the call plan occurs in a different situation to yours. Unfortunately we're not able to add the plan if LRS was purchased before 01/09/16, where I believe you paid the renewal of yours prior to adding the call plan.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star

My LRS hasn't actually expired yet so I shall have to wait longer I guess.

Is this Product Change problem going to continue going forwards every time legacy customers want to make further changes?

If I do change once my LRS has lapsed and then renew the LRS will I have the same problem if I wish to undo my Product Change later?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chroma2000 wrote:

Is this Product Change problem going to continue going forwards every time legacy customers want to make further changes?

Once you move on to a call plan that is currently being offered (i.e. Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls) you will no longer be on a legacy phone product and should be able to switch between the other current call plans on offer.

@chroma2000 wrote:
If I do change once my LRS has lapsed and then renew the LRS will I have the same problem if I wish to undo my Product Change later?

As above, as you'll no longer be on a legacy call plan after moving to one of the call plans being offered, you should be able to switch between the other current call plans on offer.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star

Thanks for your help.

chroma2000
Rising Star

Well I waited for my LRS to expire, meaning higher monthly line rental costs all because PlusNet say they can't change my package whilst on it.

I subsequently raised a ticket to change to Unlimited Mobile and some days later was told that my product change would start on 28/02/17, my next billing cycle. Expecting the worst I delayed renewing the LRS until I could see proof of this change.

I checked today and not surprisingly my Account still says Talk Anytime so I will now have to pay for yet another month of Mobile Calls. I have raised another ticket to ask what is going on and will look forward to a refund for all this hassle!

Ian