cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls for existing customers.

chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Changing to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls for existing customers.

Can existing customers change from Talk Anytime @ £6.50/month to the new Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls @ £8.00/month? I thought I read previously somewhere that this option would be provided. The product change tool does not allow this.

28 REPLIES 28
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Changing to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls for existing customers.

@chroma2000

Welcome to the forums.

Have you paid for your line rental in advance (LRS)?

If so then the answer is no. The Plusnet system cannot handle it hence it  is not available when you look at the product change.

It was discussed here https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/An-Anomoly-Regarding-New-Phone-Package-Statement/m-p/1363251#U13... and the outcome is from HarryB (Plusnet staff member) in  message https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/An-Anomoly-Regarding-New-Phone-Package-Statement/m-p/1365856#M21...

I'm sorry to say that moving forward I won't be able to change the call packages as I did for the others on this thread.

All I can advise is that we should be able to add the call plan for you once your LRS has expired.

Hope that helps, although not the answer you really want.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
chroma2000
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply. I have paid upfront with LRS so that explains it.

You'd have thought that would have been willing to provide a workaround for all existing loyal members!

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The cynic in me says, "Why" as they will make more money from you by making you pay the very large mobile call charges (and those connection charges too).

Sadly Plusnet don't care at the corporate level and the fact that they can release a product that their computer systems cannot handle speaks volumes for the management

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JohnofYork
Grafter

They also don't actually mention it anywhere in anything online that I have managed to find.

Loyalty, eh, Whatever happened to that?

JackieO

I've been caught out with exactly the same problem, but I was even assured by customer services when I signed up a couple if months ago (when they took my advance payment over the phone!) that I would be able to add inclusive calls to mobiles with Anytime for an extra £1.50 from Sept, taking the full charge to £8.00.  I'm really annoyed about this - it's a breach in my contractual agreement to signing up to Plusnet in the first place. 

SludgeIsland
Rising Star

I too have been caught out with this.  I have been a PlusNet customer since 2010, on Unlimited BB and Anytime International 300.  Each year, I sign up for Line Rental Saver at the end on December (a few years ago, PN tried to diddle me out of a month's line rental by insisting on renewal at the end of November).

By using LRS, I am paying my Line Rental "up front" and agreeing to either remain with PN for the 12 months, or pay a penalty for leaving PN before the end of the 12 month period.  Nowhere have I agreed to remain on a  "legacy" tariff, or not switch to a different tariff, and nowhere in the contract is this mentioned by PN.

The 300 minutes of International calls don't get used most months, so I though Unlimited UK and Mobile Calls for another 50p per month would be a good idea.

Having waited in a queue for hours, I spoke to [CSA Removed] at PlusNet Chat.  At first I got the old story about "you have to wait until the end of you LRS."  It was agreed a bit later that [CSA Removed] had been given incorrect info, and that there was no reason I could not switch to the new tariff.... and so I have waited since Monday, and still I am on Anytime International 300.

Come on PlusNet.  Stop messing your customers around, and let's have some good old Yorkshire action and pull you fingers out, before I switch to SkyTalk (which not only includes mobiles for £8.00 per month, but also unlimited international calls for 2p per minute!) at the end of my contract (to remain with PlusNet, not to remain on a particular tariff), 2 months away 

The Grinch

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

chroma2000
Rising Star

Their 'Award Winning Customer Service' seems to be achieved by comparison to Sky & TalkTalk. Unfortunately they haven't set the bar very high..

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @chroma2000,

Unfortunately the phone component can't be changed whilst Line Rental Saver is active but when it expires on 21/01/2017 you will be able to change to the package you require before renewing your line rental saver.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@BenB yet another poorly designed PN system just like billing. Do PN call packages carry a monthly rolling contract or 12 month ? 

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Straight from From the T & C s

8. Call plans and call features

8.1. If you want to change your call plan or call features you may request this at any time and the change will happen from your next billing date.

Unfortunately the phone component can't be changed whilst Line Rental Saver is active but when it expires on 21/01/2017 you will be able to change to the package you require before renewing your line rental saver.

Whilst I understand there is a problem changing to the new call packages I didn't believe there was a general problem in changing call packages with LRS active. There'd better not be as I've just renewed LRS and at the time mentioned to the COT agent that I was undecided whether to retain the E & W call plan and may want to drop it in the future and that it wasn't a problem. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@BenB so given the above, the T and C make it clear that call packages can be changed monthly , but if your on LRS with a call package , that can not be changed till the end off the current LRS ? If that is the case, it is clearly against the T and C , and PN are effectively forcing customers in to a 12 month call package, if they take out LRS whilst on a call package .

Regards

Mike

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Call plans can be changed for the next billing date at any time, because they do not form a part of the line rental saver upfront cost. I believe it is only the new call plans that cannot be added whilst LRS is active.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Anoush, Now that sounds ok for people who subscribed before Sept 2016 since they can access the old call plans but what about people who subscribed after that? They can presumably only access the new call plans and therefore can't change if they have LRS. From what I can see, like Mike, I believe that is in breach of the T & C's. It certainly disagrees with the LRS faq https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/ which says you can change call plans

Yes, normal rules for call plan changes apply, you can change your call plan at any time, so long as you've not changed it in the previous 30 days.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

It seems like a complete oversight by PN , why would you you allow new call plans to be added, that have zero flexibility with your LRS, seems this was clearly not tested before the new packages was launched. 

Which is also against the T and C of the contract.

If i am a new customer after the package change , and add a call plan , i then decided to add LRS , i then decide i want to remove/change  the call plan as per the T and C , i can not as the system will not all it , a very clear breach of the T and C.

A response PN would be appreciated 

Regards
Mike