Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Broadband only and no phone

FIXED
Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

Re: Changing to Broadband only and no phone

Yes indeed I am. I have been experimenting with VOIP for a little while.It's as I said my main objection to FTTP is the logistics inside the house.

Thanks again

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

@MisterW Even though FTTC SoGEA is shown as available?

John
Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

Hmm' I guess the only way to find out is to ring Plusnet !

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/the-all-ip-programme/stopsell-updates

About halfway down

The section headed

FTTP Priority Exchange Stop Sell

What does this mean for me?

These rules will only apply to premises in an FTTP Priority Exchange where FTTP is available. In these instances, FTTP will be the only product you can buy.  This means WLR3 Analogue, ISDN 2, ISDN 30, SMPF, MPF, FTTC, Narrowband Line Share, Classic, Gfast, SOGfast, SOGEA and SOTAP will be unavailable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

' Sugar !!! Looks like it'l have to be FTTP

Thanks all

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 56

@Batfrog 

Try PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632

As to your Router with FTTP - as it's connected by an ethernet cable it can go where ever you're happy running cable. As the the ONT, there is a bit of lee way as to where it goes but it does need a power source.

The last line of the Checker results image you posted cleary show FTTP has priority over other porducts if available.

Brian

bgiles
Rising Star

@Batfrog 

My exchange wasn't FTTP Priority, as can be seen from the my BT Availability Checker in message 16.

This however didn't prevent the Plusnet CS wanting to push me down the FTTP route, which I declined.

You don't say if you're currently on ADSL or FTTC?

@MisterW 

Is it possible that FTTC to SoGEA is not classed as NEW product, as all that's involved is disconnecting the PSTN side (OSLAM & Filter)?

Plusnet SoGEA
DrayTek Vigor2762 VoIP Router
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

@bgiles  AIUI it applies to ANY new order on Openreach. FTTC to SOGEA still involves an Openreach order. The only thing that doesn't, is a recontract on the same product. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.