cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing (or removing) call plan - does this affect contract?

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Changing (or removing) call plan - does this affect contract?

Simple question but the wording in Plusnet's Ts&Cs not 100% clear:
If I change (downgrade) or remove my call plan altogether, will this have any effect on my current contract term or existing agreed discounts?
My understanding is that the agreed contract term applies to Broadband (Unlimited Fibre), telephone (line rental) and TV package, I believe the call package (and any TV packs) are additions that can be added or removed at any time (changes happening at next billing date).
I'm reluctant to go through the 'product change' without a guarantee that there will be no change to existing contract length and existing discounts.
Maybe I'm being paranoid but I think I remember someone posting here that they'd changed call package and later discovered that they'd committed to a new contract term as a result whic, to me, appears to contradict the way I read the Ts&Cs: 'If you want to change to another Plusnet call plan you may do so at any time. If you have a minimum remaining period this will be carried forward to your new plan..' (my interpretation is that downgrading including to 'line rental only' is a 'change of call plan') but I would like this confirmed please.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Changing (or removing) call plan - does this affect contract?

I don't think you are being paranoid, and it's a question I had at the back of my mind after reading a couple of posts where people seemed to have added/removed things like "anytime" maybe replaced just by "evenings&weekends" to later spot that they are then on a 12month phone contract Shocked
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just changing the call plan shouldn't affect the discounts or contract length, although I have seen it in the past where it forces a new contract in error.
Go ahead and get the change put through and drop me a PM once it's gone through if you want, I'll be more than happy to check over it and take action if necessary to get things how they should be (If anything does go wrong with it)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
picbits
Rising Star

I was one of those people who removed the "Anytime" from my package and was for some obscure reason signed up for a new contract without me knowing and without my permission.
I did put up a post about it and also queried it with an online CSR without any resolution which is why I'm now no longer with Plusnet Sad
I've seen it happen with other customers as well - some more info here : http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141153.msg1247284.html#msg1247284
Just be wary and check your tickets / account after adding or removing a service and query everything !
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks all.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Dom, I believe your thread was one of the ones I read. And I'm reading some others that come up via the various links. This is not good and either very sloppy on Plusnet's part or very deceitful. I shall post further on the relevant threads.
Who did you go to btw?
picbits
Rising Star

I moved to Origin - not had any issues and they are using PN's service anyway. My Static IP only changed an octet or so as well  Grin
marc044

Sorry for thread necroing but I have just changed my call plan could you please make sure that my contract hasn't renewed and tgat my discount is still on my account?

Also could you let me know how long is left on my discount and contract?

Thanks.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @marc044

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked this out for you and responded via a ticket here

Best wishes,

Dave