cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Tesco Home Phone

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Changing from Tesco Home Phone

Currently, we use Tesco Home Phone for calls, piggybacking on BT line rental. I've just applied to switch to PlusNet Home Phone (which I've been meaning to do for a while but have been spurred into doing by BT adding an extra sneaky so-called 'one off' charge each bill for those not using them for calls).
Now, I understand that I don't have to notify BT of the switch but I'm not sure if that's the same for Tesco. Their latest T&Cs say that if you move to another provider, then that will be sufficient notice. However as Tesco now also do line rental I'm wondering if we still need to contact them about coming off calls only.
Does anyone know or had any experience of this or a similar arrangement?
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Changing from Tesco Home Phone

Hi there,
It can't hurt at all to inform Tesco of your moving phone providers, asking them to ensure that you are no longer billed.
I can't imagine it would cause any difficulties though.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We're on the basic 'Talk 1' free weekends PAYG non-subscription tariff, so they only bill us for calls made. I just wondered if the call element would automatically go over to PlusNet or if it would stay with them if we don't tell them to take it off.
rallyrat

I was on the Tesco's home phone and decided to move calls and rental to Plusnet.
I did not inform Tesco's, you don't need to although it maybe courtesey to do so, but they may try and offer the earth to keep your services with them... Cheesy
One thing to take into account is the min period length for tesco's home phone is 3 months so as long as you had had your services with them for more than 3 months moving awaying should be seemless Wink
Mike
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Been with them for a few years, Mike, long before they offered line rental (hence still being with BT for that) and, as I say, it's the PAYG tariff so there are no charges on top of those for calls. Their latest T&C say you don't have to let them know if you're changing suppliers.
Maybe I'll give them a ring once I've got a date from PlusNet.