cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Call Plan

attercliffe

Changing Call Plan

I have Fibre BB and phone package. The package gives me free evening calls and I had also opted for the antime calls at £5 / month.
I am considering removing the Anytime calls, but ......
1. Wiil I still keep the free evening and weekend calls that are inclusive in the Fibre BB package?  It is unclear on the Product Change page(s) what will happen to the        Evening and Weekend calls if I remove the Anytime calls.
2. Would this call plan change start a new 18 month contract?  The T & Cs are not too clear about what changing phone features will do to the contract.
10 REPLIES 10
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Changing Call Plan

Hi attercliffe,
I'll answer in a similar fashion:
1. Evening and Weekend calls would be £2.00. So it would be a £3 reduction in your bill, should you choose to make the change.
2. This would not recontract you.
Apologies for the confusion.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Please recheck your answer
The fibre broadband package he is on appears to include Evening and Weekend calls so why the £2 charge
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I went through the product change process before I initially responded to attercliffe. It should be free with "Unlimited Fibre Extra", but not "Unlimited Fibre" by my understanding.
I've attached a couple of screenshots of the product change journey.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I was going by this where it is included with both versions of fibre https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's because OP initially paid the LRS up front when he signed up. Whereas that link is referring to the monthly payment.
Sorry for the excessive image attachments, but I've left the options that were initially available when he signed up. These are still available, with the addition of Evening and Weekends for £2.
Matty
attercliffe

Thank you, but the screenshots demonstrate the confusion. That confusion caused me to raise my questions and post here.

It clearly says on the Fibre Broadband package (up to 38 Mbs) that the Evening and Weekend calls are included for £0.00, i.e. free..  It said that when I signed up and says that today for your latest offer.  And of course the option to take Anytime can be selected for £5.
It may well be that the product change panel would force me to select the Evening and Weekend calls for £2, but that goes against the contract that I agreed to when I signed up for your service.  It is my contract with you that detrmines what I pay, not what your product change panel forces on me.
Signing up for LRS has nothing to do with  the free Evening and Weekend calls. They are free (38Mbs fbre) whether LRS is chosen or not.  (I have just checked with a pseudo order for the Fibre 38Mbs package).
Also note that Evening and Weekend calls are free with any Fibre option, not just the Fibre Extra.  Read your broadband package offers at http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
My original question remains unanswered. It is that having contracted for 18 months for Fibre Broadband  (38Mbs) which included free Evening and Weekend calls and also chosen the Anytime option for £5, then I want to know how do I ensure that the free  Evening and Weekend calls remain if I cancel the Anytime option.
Your product change panel should know what inclusive calls are on my contract.  It should be able to handle the cancellation of the Anytime calls and automatically show Evening and Weekend calls at £0.00. If it did that it would agree with my contract and there would be no confusion.  . It should be that simple.
Please escalate my question to your legal guys / system guys.
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I now understand the confusion.
It is only because I have seen many questions about the Line Rental Saver that I can answer it,
I am not saying that you haven't been misled or miss sold.
The offer you refer to is for included evening and weekend calls when you pay the line rental monthly
When you took out the Line Rental Saver - at the same time or subsequently - you should have been advised that it didn't include any calls
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/
Line Rental Saver does not provide inclusive calls as standard. Any additional call plans, call features or call charges will be billed each month.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

... and then there's the Home Phone FAQ http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans . See Section 2  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

attercliffe

Yes there it is,  Evening and Weekend Calls - Free with Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra.
I realise that I may have led to some extra confusion.  It should be noted that when I refer to my Fibre Broadband 38Mbs package I really meant "Broadband and Phone Unlimited Fibre 38 Mbs" package.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cancelling "Anytime" doesn't reduce you to "Evening and Weekends". It will reduce you to a "Line Only" product. The evenings and weekends product has not really ever been inclusive of the package (IF you didn't have the anytime calls).
Quote from: Oldjim
The offer you refer to is for included evening and weekend calls when you pay the line rental monthly
When you took out the Line Rental Saver - at the same time or subsequently - you should have been advised that it didn't include any calls
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/

This is essentially what I'm saying. The only difference is that OP won't have been told that it didn't include any calls because they opted to take out anytime. I suppose we could have said that if they want to remove anytime calls, it makes everything uninclusive. But generally it seems likes sales agree what is to be included of the package requested at the time.