cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Call Package - New Contract?

OllyM
Grafter

Changing Call Package - New Contract?

My mum currently has Phone and Broadband with Plusnet and she is now out of contract, waiting for FTTC to become available in the next couple of months so doesn't want to re-contract.
She finally has mobile reception at home thanks to a new O2 mast going up so it makes sense to drop the Anytime calls package but when going through the product change wizard it says the following:

"Your phone package is subject to a 12 month contract"
Will downgrading from Anytime to Weekends put her in a new 12 month contract?
18 REPLIES 18
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Changing Call Package - New Contract?

Can you please raise a ticket on the account confirming what you want, and post the ticket number here? With this, I can take a look and try to get it sort out to your satisfaction for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@ plusnettony, i assume the wording on the product change wizard is wrong, regarding a 12 month contract for changing your call plan ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
Changing your call plan should not result in any contractual changes Smiley
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Given that, surely the above needs removing (your phone package is subject to a 12 month contract) , when a customer go's through the product change wizard to change their call package.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'd like to raise a problem on it, but I haven't got the details yet. If @OllyM could PM me the ticket id/username it would be appreciated (it's not linked to your forum profile).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
OllyM
Grafter

Hi Tony,
So we did the change last week, and it's become effective as of today which is my mum's billing date.
I notice a service notice (number 222399605) has been raised which says:
Dear x,
This is confirmation that your Plusnet Evening and Weekends contracted service has now activated.
Contract Length: 12 Months.

You can view further information about this contract on the Account Summary page in the Account Details section of the portal.

Also, in the account summary section a £64.20 cancellation fee is now showing!
02/03/2015 - Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) £64.20(upon cancellation) Complete

If this has pushed the connection in to a new 12 month contract I am really not happy - we would never have done this!

Angry Angry Angry
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I understand this has been corrected for you?
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Tony,
Can you please clarify - is it really the intention that a change in CALL PLAN should bring about a new contract period for the PHONE LINE package?
Kevin

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I didn't think so, but I am trying to get clarity on this point for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Unfortunately Tony didn't manage to get back with any confirmation on this. For completeness can a member of Plusnet confirm the situation as no doubt many will dig up this thread when searching for information on call package changes.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello
Changing the call plan package will not result in the renewal of the contract. This was probably a glitch in the system, which Tony has hopefully resolved.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry we don't know if the glitch has been fixed and need a member of Plusnet staff to confirm (and that it definitely was a glitch - which is what we all believe).
Anotherone
Champion

And still nobody from Plusnet is responding Roll_eyes
avatastic
Grafter

That's because it's in the T&Cs.
19. If you want to change to another Plusnet call plan you may do so at any time. If you have a minimum remaining period this will be carried forward to your new plan and your termination charges will be updated to reflect your new plan. Details of product termination charges can be found in the Price guide.
20. If you want to add a new service to your account you may do so at any time. If you do this you will need to agree to a new minimum term and pay any applicable set-up charge. You will also be subject to your new services product termination charges details of which can be found in the Price guide.

(emphasis mine)
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)