cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover from BT to Homephone, who does what?

xxpatrick

Changeover from BT to Homephone, who does what?

Reading the forum think that this has been covered in other posts but here goes anyway.
My question is on changeover who does what?
I can understand how to switch over to Homephone (from BT) but do I need to inform BT or does Plusnet do the whole job?
Thanks
Patrick
16 REPLIES 16
James
Grafter

Re: Changeover from BT to Homephone, who does what?

Hi Patrick,
It's pretty straightforward really.  You tell us that you want to get your phone services through us, we'll place an order with Openreach and then the service is transferred.
You won't need to call BT to get them to do anything, but for peace of mind, you may want to give them a ring after the order has completed to confirm that billing has stopped at their end.
xxpatrick

Thanks, that looks pretty straightforward. I assume that I can upgrade my broadband at the same time and chose the package that gives free 01/02 phonecalls and has 20G download bundled together.
Patrick
James
Grafter

Yes, absolutely.
Captainkirk
Grafter

Patrick, we changed both the phone and broadband to Plusnet last month - all went very smoothly - Plusnet inform BT and in fact we received a final bill today (phone went to Plusnet on 27th Dec) ....and BT have promised to send a refund shortly from the overpaid DD Smiley
Tracey.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Yup, Super smooth here so far. Just a week and a half in and no problems to report apart from the enthusiastic BT email service that is so chuffed that I'm getting a refund that I am on my sixth email informing me that I can view my final bill and decent refund from over paid DD.
Does anyone know how to stop the ebilling emails from BT I can't seem to find a stop link on the site.
To sum up, it appears cheaper than BT, works as well as BT, more star services for the same price as BT the home phone control panel is clearer than BT oh and .... The whole shebang is owned by BT  Huh What's all that about then? Mad or what.
I'm with Wonko the Sane (Douglas Adams character) on that one.
Did I say that it's brill (looking furiously around for some wood to touch). Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the service so far. Smiley
Give us a shout if you have any questions.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the service so far. Smiley
Give us a shout if you have any questions.

Question 1: Can you put a beep or something over the call when my wife approaches the 1 hour mark. Grin
What do they find to talk about? Roll_eyes
godsell4
Rising Star

A one-minute warning is good for the customer, but could be bad for PN if they rely on you going over the 1-hour period as a part of their offering to make HP viable/profitable!
I'd like a 59 minute warning too.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Just discovered that my wife's biggest seller (she works for a big home furnishing chain) is a simple but efficient kitchen timer. 60 mins clockwork device. What's the most popular use for it? Making sure you don't go over 60 mins. Told her to go out and get one!
seriously though, I think it's still cheaper on PN if you go over the 60 minute mark.
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: Word
seriously though, I think it's still cheaper on PN if you go over the 60 minute mark.

BT=3.25p/min
PN=3p/min
godsell4
Rising Star

Or use 18185 and the call us 5p for the whole duration, regardless of length.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Update:
Been with PN anytime + for nearly 2 months now and not a glitch (searching for even more wood to touch now) Well non that is PN's fault.
To all those considering moving, IT'S A PIECE OF CAKE. BT gave us a refund and also removed the DD from my bank account. I had to do nothing except wait for the switch over. If you are worried, believe me, it's smooooooooooooooooooooth! Smiley
Now, the non PN glitches.
Stop talking after 59 mins and call back dear!
Don't call me on my mobile with it, call me with your mobile it's free!!
Simple rules:
LL to LL  Smiley
Mob to Mob  Smiley
Mob to LL  Smiley
LL to Mob  Sad
LL to LL  >60mins  Angry
But hey it's still a lot less than I was paying Grin Grin
nadger
Rising Star

I only switched this week and it's looking good so far. As I paid BT by quarterly DD they've already advised me of my final bill - also DD went out today to pay PlusNet pro rata through to my actual billing date.
My motivation for switching was the massive price increase for evening calls from April 1st on what was BT Option One. Don't mention that on their current advertising campaign  Angry
I see that finally the Register has caught up with this forum.
Don't like calling mobiles but a 2 minute evening call to my daughter's Virgin mobile cost less than calling her from my Virgin mobile Smiley
Word_Warrior
Grafter

looks like you need to revue your mobile plan. We've just moved from Orange to O2 and get 600 mins talk time 300 texts and unlimited internet access (Excessive use policy though) Calls included are 01, 02, 03 and 07 but not 08. and that's each. God knows how I'll use that lot up, but I do email and browse a lot with the phone, but for gods sake, 10 hours talk time a month!!!  Grin