Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed telephone number message

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Changed telephone number message

A friend of mine moved house recently and although she only moved a few miles away the telephone exchange was different so she could not keep her old telephone number.  If you phone her old number you get a helpful message redirecting you to the new one (courtesy of BT).  Unfortunately, she elected to move her phone service to Plusnet and due to an administrative mix-up her telephone number was changed a week after she moved-in.  Does anyone know how these automated messages are set-up and if it is possible to change it or stop it, given that it gives (what is now) the wrong number? 
2 REPLIES 2
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Changed telephone number message

Hi ReedRichards,
This is a tough one as it isn't something that we do automatically so I must presume that this falls with BT. I think it may be best to check with them and see if this is something they can alter or rectify for her.
Hopefully they will still hole her account details to investigate either removing or updating this for her.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Changed telephone number message

Thanks Adam, you have realised who I am referring to.  It would be good if something could be done because a message giving the wrong number is worse than no message at all.