Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed call features to add Call Protect but Voicemail has been removed

FIXED
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Changed call features to add Call Protect but Voicemail has been removed

I saw that Call Protect was a free option under Call Features so I selected that. I didn't unselect Voicemail.

Then I got an email saying my request to remove voicemail was in progress and another to say completed. I didn't request that!

My account now says there's an error and "There's currently an issue with your account, meaning you can't make any changes to your services". The call features section shows this:

• Additional advanced call features you've added: Caller Display, Voicemail (Awaiting activation), Plusnet Call Protect (Awaiting activation)
3 REPLIES 3
Grumpy2

Re: Changed call features to add Call Protect but Voicemail has been removed

Identical problem here. One week since the change made at my end and account error still showing

Grumpy2

Fix

Spoke to customer services who confirm this is a known issue. They asked me to wait 24 hours and if no success to call back and they will correct manually. Suggest you also give them a call?

deadkenny
Rising Star

I didn't have to speak to CS, but it eventually resolved itself (several days, not 24 hours) and voicemail is back working again. It actually had cancelled it to the point of 1571 told me I did not have this service. A few days later the errors went from the member control panel and 1571 indicated the voicemail service was working though it appeared to have reset and was prompting me to set it up.

It's faulty though selecting services if it cancels other services temporarily in the process and shows errors, causing potential CS calls.