cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change over from BT...a question

tony_madge
Dabbler

Change over from BT...a question

I am happy with plusnet for my broadband I find BT billing confusing and I dont like to speak via India when I have a question! So I am keen on changing to Plusnet.
Ok what I need to know is this.
If I go for the £15 a month package I assume I will not get any call charges , unless it is to a mobile and 0845/0870 numbers correct?
Also I pay by DD to BT and my last bill showed I owed them £70. Now if I change to Plusnet I again assume they contact BT and it is a seamless change over plusI keep my present telephone number, finally BT then send me a final bill of my outstanding balance. Is that all there is to it?Huh
many thanks Tony
17 REPLIES 17
James
Grafter

Re: Change over from BT...a question

Hi Tony,
It looks like everything that you have assumed is indeed correct.
Let us know if you have any further queries and we'll be more than happy to help.
tony_madge
Dabbler

Thanks James. Do I need to tell BT anything or do I just leave it your capable hands?Huh
many thanks Tony
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Sorry to hijack  Tongue
Thought my query was along the same lines. Jameseh has answered my first querys, but I wondered about billing. Am I billed at the same time as my broadband bill??  If so, do I get charged part for what I use till the billing date etc etc.  We only really call local numbers and BT is extortionate. My bills per quarter, are as the OPs, and we dont call many mobile numbers.  Hope you can answer my querys, and I hope to be a customer very soon.
James
Grafter

Hi Tony,
You won't need to tell BT anything although it may be an idea to give them a ring after your service has gone active with us to ensure that they stop billing you.
Hi Penfold,
Your first invoice with us will bring your home phone billing in line with your broadband billing, after which point you will be billed monthly on the same day as a one bill solution.
itsme
Grafter

I'm surprised that you think BT calls are extortionate as PN call charges are only a small percentage cheaper.
itsme
Grafter

The bundle calls with the free evening and weekend calls is an attractive offer. PN probably done a cost model that users will make long evening and weekend calls. But if high number of short calls are made will PN lose money on these bundles?
Also are the inclusive calls free? Below is the quote from the portal where a minimum charge is stated. Also no mention of 03 numbers will be included in the free calls.
2. Included calls can only be made to standard UK landline numbers beginning with 01 & 02. Evenings: 18:00-08:00 Mon-Fri. Weekends: 18:00 Fri - 08:00 Mon. All calls are subject to minimum charges. All inclusive calls have a maximum free call length of 60 minutes for 01 and 02 numbers and 30 minutes for international numbers. After this they will be charged at the standard prevailing rate. Please check the Home Phone FAQs for more details about Home Phone call charges.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I think BT are overpriced. I also have to pay a surcharge to them, as after a bad experience with them, I refuse to pay them by DD, so I have to pay an extra cost. Also as we only call locally, I would prefer to pay £45 a quarter, rather than the £70odd I am paying now. ( I confess we do use the phone to call mobiles, but this will be stopped  Roll_eyes ) Its all down to  Personal preference really.
itsme
Grafter

At least you have an option not to pay by DD with PN it's DD only.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
The inclusive calls are free, this minimum charge is for chargable calls only.

How did you come to that conclusion, surely not from the quote that I supplied?
James
Grafter

Peter is right.
Included calls are not charged for and this also includes 03 calls.
itsme
Grafter

Below is the reason that I will not move to PN Home Telephone
4.9 You authorise us to act on your behalf in all dealings with BT or any other network operator or service provider in connection with the Service, and in particular you consent to BT or any other network or service provider (as applicable) providing us with access to, and transferring to us or any nominated third party, any personal data of yours (and other relevant information) to allow us or any nominated third party to connect you to, and provide you with, the Service.

I want to be in charge who supply my telephony, not give it to a 3rd party to move me onto another supplier.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

where I live I beleive that the local loop bundling (LLU) is handles by Tiscali as Plusnet is not a big enough operator in this area to fit all the electronics required, that I think is all that is behind that phrase.
itsme
Grafter

I should have added that the quote that I supplied is from the T&C's for the Home Telephone. PN will have a similar clause for the supply of broadband.
LLU term is applied to either telephony, broadband or both.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Well I was at the start now its
You are currently connected to the "Telehouse East, Juniper 3" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pte-ag1.

whoever they are,  is that LLU or BT