Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change over date

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Change over date

When should you hear when your change over date will be? My apllication went in 11 days ago and I've heard nothing from either BT or PlusNet when I will be switched to home phone.
28 REPLIES 28
Mand
Grafter

Re: Change over date

Hi there,
It looks like we've encountered problems placing your order automatically, as such I've requested that our Provisioning team place this manually for you.
Please accept our apologies for the delay.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh nice - Why was this not picked up on the 14th and 21st when the ticket was looked at by BOT WLR Provisioning Errors pool?
Thanks for your help Mand
PS. Just has a service staus email - Looks like the whole ordering system is in a right old mess!
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
On the 14th we resubmitted the order using the automated systems, however checking this manually this morning this failed.
I agree that it should have been picked up before now, and will address that internally.
Regarding the ordering system, we have a backlog at the moment, which we are working to address and should have sorted by the end of this week.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I've just signed up this minute for the Evening and Weekend package, but apart from the initial sign up when I chose £15 off for three months, nothing more was mentioned of the Special Offer, not even in the email reply I received.
Another point, which I believe has been raised before, is why in every email communication from PlusNet do I receive 2 emails - one to postmaster@ with a copy to my default email address.  How can this be sorted so i only receive 1 email?
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: coastergrotto
Another point, which I believe has been raised before, is why in every email communication from PlusNet do I receive 2 emails - one to postmaster@ with a copy to my default email address.  How can this be sorted so i only receive 1 email?

You can either blackhole all your postmaster mail or change your contact address to postmaster@ instead of your default address. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

You can but PN dont seem to take any notice Crazy
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks for that.  I've changed my contact address to postmaster@ instead of my default address so 'hopefully' I'll only receive one email from now on.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Interestingly enough the day I signed up to PlusNet Home phone I had a call from TalkTalk (my call provider) to try to get me to sign up to their package of Free evening and Weekend calls (currently I have free evening calls with them) plus 'FREE' broadband.   
I told them I was more than happy with Plusnet as my ISP and that I had signed up to switch my phone calls and rental over to PlusNet also.
An hour or so later a similar call from BT (to whom I currently pay the phone rental) suggesting I switched my calls back to them for free evening and weekend calls.
I told them I was more than happy with Plusnet as my ISP and that I had signed up to switch my phone calls and rental over to Plusnet also.
It did seem somewhat suspicious to me that both companies rang me on the very day I had requested the switch.
nadger
Rising Star

Only communication I had from BT, when I switched line to PN, was leaving letter giving date they were giving up the line and estimated final bill.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We had a letter from BT but they couldn't give us an estimated final bill, presumably as we were only renting the line from them (should get a couple of months refund on line rental paid in advance!), and one from Tesco, who we took calls from on their PAYG tariff.
Now, PlusNet gave a date of 27th, ie today, for the change over, as did Tesco, with BT giving the 26th as their date. Haven't had any notification yet today to say we're with PlusNet Home Phone but it's all working as normal for making calls, so I'll see what's happening when I get home from work this evening. As there was a notice saying BT are behind schedule in general for Home Phone stuff, I wonder if that's why we've not heard anything yet!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
paulby
Grafter

If you moved over today you won't get notification from PN (nor will you have access to the Home Phone stuff in the portal)  until tomorrow - that's because Openreach don't notify PN untill the day after the transfer. 
However, you can check to see if you've moved by dialling 150.  If you still get "Welcome to BT..." you've not moved. If, on the other hand, you get "Sorry, but you cannot call that number from this line....", you're now with PN.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I just tried and got the cheery "Sorry etc" message.
Dunno if the 150 thing would have worked before anyway, as we had our calls with Tesco. Unless it overrides that like 1571, 1471 and 'dial 3 to return the call' on 1471 (which my husband inadvertently used a couple of times, adding a few pence to the BT rental bill).
paulby
Grafter

If you paid line rental to BT you'd get BT on 150 (regardless of who you paid for calls).
Did you know that if you dial 1471 then press 3 it's free on PlusNet (i.e. there is no charge for the service, despite what the message says)? So your husband can dial 3 till his heart's content!!  See here under 1471 call return.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Ooooh! Thanks for pointing that out, Paul. It's a useful feature - saves a bit of time and bother looking up numbers in memory.