cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from International 300 to Anytime landline+mobile

ppppenguin
Dabbler

Change from International 300 to Anytime landline+mobile

Both of these packages are £8/month. I no longer need international but do want calls to mobiles. Found I couldn't do change on website so phoned. Long wait so used chat for the first time. Person seemed helpful and capable at the time.

Got the new contract details by email. Then found ticket raised by the online chat person saying they couldn't do the change. What on earth are they playing at? I hope somebody here can help.

Ticket:

20 REPLIES 20
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Change from International 300 to Anytime landline+mobile

Hi @ppppenguin,

We're sorry to hear about your account issues.

I have requested a call back for you and updates your ticket as a complaint here

Please let us know if you have any further queries but please also bear in mind account changes/issues must be dealt with by our Customer Options team.

Thank you.

ppppenguin
Dabbler

@OllieC, your reply is rather behind the times. I had a call yesterday from Robert Wood who has taken ownership of the problem. He explained that it's rather complicated mix of legacy issues. I'm hoping that he is as good as his word and finds a way through the puzzle.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries. I've had a look into this and I think I know what we need to do to resolve this, but we need to wait until the scheduled product/contract change on your account completes.

I'll check in with your case handler after Christmas next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf

Robert has promised to contact me on Boxing day which is the next time he's at work after the contract change. It's good to know that PN staff are on my case. I'm just hoping that nothing falls over on Saturday when the contract changes.

As you probably know, I do have a rather odd assortment of legacy items. To summarise:

1: Plusnet web space which I use and want to keep

2: Plusnet email which I don't need at all except that most PN communications come to me that way.

3: A 55/10 conenction that's actually provisioned as 80/20 and throttled to 55/10 (most of the time) by PN. This is from when PN offered and then discontinued 40/20. I might be prepared to accept 40/10 instead of 55/10.

4: Line rental saver. Not legacy but Robert thinks it may not be helping

Some of this dates back to 2002 when I first joined PN on a then fantastic 512K ADSL service. Quite miraculous after dial-up.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem.

1: Plusnet web space which I use and want to keep

2: Plusnet email which I don't need at all except that most PN communications come to me that way.

These likely won't be affecting this.

3: A 55/10 conenction that's actually provisioned as 80/20 and throttled to 55/10 (most of the time) by PN. This is from when PN offered and then discontinued 40/20. I might be prepared to accept 40/10 instead of 55/10.

This won't be affecting the call plan change either, but ideally we'd need to provision you on 55/10 instead of being provisioned on 80/20 then capped at 55/10. Doesn't make much sense to me... but I'll make sure we keep you on 55/10.

4: Line rental saver. Not legacy but Robert thinks it may not be helping

This is likely the cause of the issue and we'll try to sort this out next week. I'm also in Boxing Day.

Some of this dates back to 2002 when I first joined PN on a then fantastic 512K ADSL service. Quite miraculous after dial-up.

I remember those days of dial-up, long time ago! (I didn't work here at the time though)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ppppenguin
Dabbler

The continued 80/20 provisioning made no sense to me either. I thought the reason that 40/20 was abolished is that it had to be provisioned as 80/20 and was thus too expensive for PN. At the time 40/20 was abolished PN were offering 40/2 as entry level FTTC and this would have been an unpleasant change. I would certainly have been unhappy. Hence the move to 55/10 which OR presumably offered at lower cost than 80/20.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like when we moved you from 40/20 to 55/10 I think back in 2015 if memory serves me correctly, we just changed the speed profile on your account and you were missed in the regrade down. I'm correcting that now, and placed an order to provision you on 55/10 which should complete tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Occasionally PN haven't throttled me to 55/10 and I've had the full 80/20 service. No chance of that after the regrade:-)

Presumably there will be a brief outage at the change, if only because my modem/router will need to re-sync at the new speeds.

Fingers crossed that the regrade goes smoothly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Occasionally PN haven't throttled me to 55/10 and I've had the full 80/20 service. 

Due to the way the majority of connections route across our network, the speed profile on the account doesn't do a very good job at throttling the speeds nowadays, though it was never designed to throttle, but match the IP profile.

No chance of that after the regrade:-)

You had a good run Smiley

Presumably there will be a brief outage at the change, if only because my modem/router will need to re-sync at the new speeds.

Fingers crossed that the regrade goes smoothly.

I wouldn't expect your connection to drop for more than a few minutes, and this type of regrade would usually happen in the very early hours of the morning, but fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ppppenguin

I've checked your account and it looks like Robert has this all in hand. 

I'll leave your latest comments on the ticket for him to pick up.

Feel free to let us know over here if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Thanks again for keeping an eye on this. So far so good. Let's hope it all goes smoothly next month when I'm finally on the new contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and fingers crossed!

Keep me posted on how things go.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ppppenguin
Dabbler

Oh dear.:-(

Robert Wood took ownership of my problem and allocated my ticket 185633838  to his personal pool. He seemed like a decent and competent chap. Come 23rd January and my next bill and it's badly fouled up. Yes, I'm now on the phone plan I wanted but:

1: I've been charged monthly line rental despite having a current annual line rental

2: The promised discount of £8/month hasn't been applied

3: I was told that any calls made to mobiles in the December>Januaury period would be refunded. They haven't been.

I have put notes on the ticket but have had no repsonse from Robert or anyone else. When PN collect the wrong amount from my account in a few days I intend to invoke the Direct Debit guarantee with  my bank as PN have broken the DD rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that.

I've fixed this moving forward, but unfortunately we can't change an amount that's pending via direct debit I'm afraid, so we'll refund the overcharges (including the call charges you're seeing on the latest invoice) once the payment has cleared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet