cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change business phone line to broadband/home phone and retain the same number?

Lynnpin
Grafter

Change business phone line to broadband/home phone and retain the same number?

Is it possible to change a business phone line with another provider into a Plusnet Home and Broadband package but still retain the same number?
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Change business phone line to broadband/home phone and retain the same number?

Hi,
It should be fine - just sign up with that number for the package you want (including Phone) and we'll get it moved over, including the number. Bear in mind though that this will change the line to a residential one.
Hope that helps Smiley
Lynnpin
Grafter

Re: Change business phone line to broadband/home phone and retain the same number?

Hi Matt,
What advantages/disadvantages does changing to residential entail?  Is it just that business lines get higher priority when anything goes wrong?  Would signing up online definitely work though as I've tried broadband only in the past and it wouldn't allow it as it was a business line but, of course, I was trying to sign up for home broadband.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's exactly that - losing the higher priority support, there might be one or two other perks but I'm afraid I can't remember those offhand.
Would you be willing to PM me your phone number so we could do a line check and update you? I'm afraid I'll not be in the office this afternoon but will update you tomorrow morning if you're happy to do that.
Thanks very much.
Lynnpin
Grafter

PM sent.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
It doesn't seem Matt has got the PM, would you mind sending it again to either Matt or myself and we'll check over that for you.
Lynnpin
Grafter

Sorry, I think it went as an email to Matt rather than PM (don't know what the difference is).  If you need it again please let me know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Could you try a PM as we haven't received it.
Lynnpin
Grafter

OK, just sent it.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just replied Smiley
Lynnpin
Grafter

Thanks for your PM. 
A couple of things I would like to clarify though.  The number would still be used as a business line even though it would effectively be changed to a residential line with home broadband so would this still be allowed?
I also saw a thread on here about the telephone being ex-directory by default: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113988.0.html and if this is true then obviously the number would need to remain in the directory as it is now and not be removed.  Would this be a problem?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you were still to use this as a business line then you'd need to go through our business team for this.
We'd be able to make sure that you're phone number is to remain in the directory.
Lynnpin
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
If you were still to use this as a business line then you'd need to go through our business team for this.

I don't understand what you mean by this.  Are you saying I would have to have a business line and couldn't have a residential line and broadband? 
I have a single line business phone that costs the earth and yet is used very little with around £3 of calls per month.  I have no broadband included.  What I'm trying to find out is that although this line is used less than some residential ones I'm paying through the nose for it and could easily make do with a residential line and broadband for less than the cost of a phone line only.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've dropped you a PM.