Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS)

Gussie
Grafter

Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS)

Hi,
On the 26th Plusnet take over my telephone line rental from BT.
I had Primus Saver Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS) with the BT line which meant I was paying Primus for the cost of ALL my calls unless I prefixed any dialled number with an overide number such as 1280 for BT routing or 18185 etc.
Could someone give me an authoritative answer on what happens with my Primus service, does it carry on as before or does Plusnet not allow Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS) services like Primus.
If the latter - does Plusnet inform Primus of a change in line rental arrangement.
BTW I know Plusnet allows prefixing of dialled numbers eg 18185 but what I had is different, since I did not have to dial any extra numbers with the Primus Saver service.
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS)

Hi Gussie,
Unfortunately we do not support CPS so when your phone line transfers to Plusnet this will include any call charges. When we inform BT that we're transferring your phone line over to us they should inform Primus the day that they should stop charging you for calls. The best way to ensure that this is the case is to call BT/Primus and check with them.
Gussie
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.
You do not support CPS BUT you DO allow Indirect Access calls eg 18185 - yes?
Are there any Indirect Access calls you DO NOT allow ?
dick:quote
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We do allow Indirect Access calls, however, these aren't included in any call tariffs that we offer - http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/
You can find further information here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml