cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot contact support, Or, Just when I thought my blood pressure could get no hi

JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

Cannot contact support, Or, Just when I thought my blood pressure could get no hi

I tried to send the following e-mail to Plusnet support.

Dear Plusnet

I do not want voicemail. Yet,

(1) it seems to be enabled on my account, even though I do not recall asking for it and even though it does not show as enabled in the relevant plusnet webpage.

Now, I read in the Plusnet forum that the way to disable it - actually disable the voicemail - is to enable it, wait a while, and then disable it. So I tried doing that. But, having received, after a while, a confirmation e-mail saying that the feature had been enabled,

(2) the webpage showing my phone addons reported an error, saying I should phone you or raise a support ticket. I went to raise a ticket. I couldn't because four existed already. Your site told me close the tickets. However,

(3) there was no evident way of closing any of them.

Further:

(4) your website now seems to indicate that 'caller protect' is disabled, whereas I had it on and I want it on (even though it works very poorly, being unable to block most cold-calling numbers).

I ask that you clean up this mess - which, in case somehow you cannot work it out, entails that you:

(i) remove the voicemail;

(ii) ensure the caller protect is on;

(iii) close my extant tickets;

(iv) ensure that i-iv are reflected on the website.

I know that, after I pushed, you cut me a good deal recently, but all of this is just dismal and - given all the other problems I have had with you - is causing me continuing distress.

The e-mail bounced. So I am posting here. In order to do I had to register on the forum, which involved (1) a hideous, who-knows-the-logic 'capcha', (2) a considerably stupid webpage that told me in a big green banner that I'd registered and immediately below told me in a big red banner that there was a problem.

5 REPLIES 5
JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

Re: Cannot contact support, Or, Just when I thought my blood pressure could get no hi

I'll add this: I tried to complete the website survey, after posting the above. After wading through the survey questions, I get this error:

Oops.

Authentication ticket mismatched, failed authentication.

It's as if Plusnet specially employs people to stop things from working.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cannot contact support, Or, Just when I thought my blood pressure could get no hi

Welcome to the community forums @JustSomeAnodyne

Sorry to hear of the experience you've had.

I'm not sure why you were unable to remove voicemail online as no errors were produced just now when I did this via your account. The order has gone through to our suppliers and this call feature should be removed from the line within the next 1 working day (Although these types of orders do generally completely the same day within an hour or so)

In regards to call protect, this does appear to be active on the line despite the account not reflecting this. I've raised this matter with the appropriate team to update the account accordingly to show the call feature as active.

I've also closed most of the open tickets on your account, also explaining via the open ticket on your account why this has been left open.

Again, I do apologise for the experience you've had and I've passed feedback on where appropriate.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

Dear Harry

Thank you for the rapid response. That you too also for removing the voicemail. It does indeed seems to have gone. As to:

I've raised this matter with the appropriate team to update the account accordingly to show the call feature as active.

- well, I had (still have? I don't recall) one feature of my account showing as 'pending removal' for over two years. So, please check back on it yourself.

Closing tickets: good; thank you. Can you tell me, here, why the ticket was left open with, seemingly, no way in which I could close it? Note that even if there was a good reason for that being the case, it would still have blocked my access to support (via the raising of a new ticket).

Finally: if this forum is going to truncate post titles, it should warn the user first. This sort of thing, in concert with others of the same sort of kind, make the difference between a contented user and a frustrated one.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@JustSomeAnodyne wrote:

I've raised this matter with the appropriate team to update the account accordingly to show the call feature as active.

- well, I had (still have? I don't recall) one feature of my account showing as 'pending removal' for over two years. So, please check back on it yourself.

While I'm not disputing that may have previously been a problem, there were no call features showing in a pending removal state when I checked the account earlier. However I note that a colleague raised a task a few weeks ago that was likely to correct the account regarding a stuck call feature on the homephone control panel. It appears this was picked up the same day and corrected (Although I believe they may have incorrectly added this instead of removing it, which would explain the complaint of voicemail appearing on the line)

While typing this response, I've also just had confirmation that your account has now been corrected to reflect the actual active call features on your line.

@JustSomeAnodyne wrote:

Closing tickets: good; thank you. Can you tell me, here, why the ticket was left open with, seemingly, no way in which I could close it? Note that even if there was a good reason for that being the case, it would still have blocked my access to support (via the raising of a new ticket).

When a ticket is raised from our side of things, it won't allow you to close this via the member centre as we may be using the ticket to monitor the account to take action at a later date etc.

However if these were escalated back to you, they would close automatically after 14 days (I believe some of the tickets that were open were very close to closing automatically when you responded, which sent them back to us)

I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused, I don't believe there was a need for all of the tickets that were open on your account and have passed feedback on regarding this as many of these would have been more suited to a closed ticket, which the advisor could have still sent you notification of.

@JustSomeAnodyne wrote:

Finally: if this forum is going to truncate post titles, it should warn the user first. This sort of thing, in concert with others of the same sort of kind, make the difference between a contented user and a frustrated one.

@jaread83 - Apologies for tagging you in here, however I feel you may be more suited to provide a response regarding this community site feedback.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@JustSomeAnodyne wrote:

@jaread83 - Apologies for tagging you in here, however I feel you may be more suited to provide a response regarding this community site feedback.

Hi there,

Topic subjects are maximum length 100 characters and text will get cut off in replies due to the increase of characters (the 're: ' text is added) so it will truncate the text in some cases. I have seen that sometimes long titles get truncated but aren't over 100 characters, almost but not quite. Unfortunately this isn't something I have any control over from a dev point of view but I can report a bug to Lithium so they can look into it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.