cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change my call plan, getting the something we should mention error.

kons
Hooked

Cannot change my call plan, getting the something we should mention error.

Hi,

I am trying to change my call package to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls, yet cannot select any options.

It has the 'Theres something we should mention, you cannot change your home phone product at the moment' error.

What is the error and can it be sorted soon as I would like to renew my line saver before the 22nd.
I was told when I renewed my contract that I couldnt change the phone calls package with linesaver as I'm on a legacy package, so had to wait for it to end. which it now has.

Tthanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cannot change my call plan, getting the something we should mention error.

Thanks for your post @kons 

I've been looking into this and we can fix but it's not going to be terribly easy. One part of our systems shows that you don't have home phone with us (even though you do) which is preventing the call plan change. 

To fix I've removed the home phone product from your account and I'll re-add it tomorrow (This won't affect your service itself in any way). When re-adding I'll activate your new call plan immediately rather than waiting for your next bill date.

Once that's completed tomorrow you should be able to pay line rental saver moving forward (and just in the nick of time). I can't complete the 'fixing' process today as that'd cause a bigger system failure if we try. 

I've created a support ticket on your account Here I'll use to monitor and follow up tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kons
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,
thanks for your very quick help on this.

I've read tge ticket you raised and so will keep an eye on the update tomorrow, plus the bill next month.

Thanks again for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all I'll check back tomorrow morning.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @kons

I've fixed the issue for you now, applying your new call plan immediately. You should be able to renew line rental saver at plus.net/rentalsaver today. I've added a bit more detail onto the support ticket Here as things are rarely without complications but I'll monitor and make sure your next bill's correct.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kons
Hooked

Brilliant, thanks again for your help.

It all seems sorted now so I'll wait until the next bill.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem at all

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet