cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling line rental but keeping broadband

annunciatore

Cancelling line rental but keeping broadband

I make so few phone calls on my landline that I can no longer justify paying £14 a month for the line rental. However, I would like to keep my broadband service. Can my account simply be "downgraded" to broadband only, or will I have to go through the whole process of cancelling everything and signing up like a new customer for broadband only and paying a connection fee, even though I'm an existing user? (I bet it's the latter!)
5 REPLIES 5
RJM
Rising Star

Re: Cancelling line rental but keeping broadband

You will have to have a telephone line for broadband.
You only other options are to go "cable or wireless” if your exchange has the facilities.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The 'Broadband Only' option is for new or existing customers who choose to have a BT based landline with another provider. As an existing user you could always transfer your landline to another BT based provider and keep your broadband with Plusnet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

As mentioned, you still need a (BT based) line to receive your broadband but the line rental does not need to be with Plusnet.  Have you looked at Plusnet's line rental saver: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/ ? Alternatively, have a look here: http://www.homephonechoices.co.uk/
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
annunciatore

Thanks for the replies guys - I'll probably switch to Primus for cheaper line rental
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I was going to switch to primus a couple of years ago, but the ridiculous cost of CID with them put me off (£2.50/month!), with that added it just wasn't so cheap any more. However if you don't actually use the phone then it is the cheapest available.