cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled phone line?

reid1234
Dabbler

Cancelled phone line?

I've just raised a ticket to see that the average response time is 48 hours, I though I'd post here and see if anyone could help me before that. Anyway I transferred to Plusnet a little while ago and on sign up went for phone/unlimited fibre service. I paid a years line rental upfront at the time. I got an email about a month ago saying my phone line transfer away from plusnet was to be completed on some date I can't remember. Anyway I didn't initiate this and confused I raised a ticket. I was told it was just to do with the initial sign up and was nothing to worry about. I've just checked and seem's that my phone line was actually cancelled? My old provider is still charging me line rental and thinks the line is active. I definitely switched to plusnet's line at the beginning of December and even been billed 1.50 for calls. However now it just says I don't have a line with plusnet on the member center.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cancelled phone line?

Hi there,
I've just double checked and it does appear that the line has moved away, I'd be asking your old provider if they're anything to do with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reid1234
Dabbler

Well it must be some kind of mistake? How did I get a reply to a ticket here telling me it was just to do with the change of billing? I mean it sounded odd to me but when I was told that it reassured me and I left it at that. Some one has done something wrong here and it isn't me.
reid1234
Dabbler

I've just phoned my old provider and was told that the line was ceased on the day I transferred to plusnet on 11/12/2013. They said that the account is not active and that they did take one to many line rental payments and refunded me one month's line rental. So I haven't been transferred back to them and the phone line is still working, looks to be a problem somewhere in the plusnet system?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@reid1234
The line was transferred in to us and then another company transferred it away - the company name on the order system is coms.net which leads me to http://www.coms.com/ - have you placed an order with them? They might resell services to other companies so it would be best to call round any company which you have made an enquiry with recently as this may have been 'misinterpreted' by them.
Alternatively, we could just place an order to bring your line back over - please raise a ticket if you'd like this to be done.
reid1234
Dabbler

Yeah I'm sorry about that, when my old provider said they had closed the account the only thing that made sense was the line was still with plusnet and just not registered as being so. Today was the first time I have had any contact with my old provider since I requested a MAC code and moved to plusnet months ago. I've not had any other telecom services other than the previous one so if anyone initiated a transfer it wasn't me. I have no idea why the transfer took place and must have been accidentally done. What I don't understand is when I got an email first hearing that my plusnet line was to be transferred away and got in contact with you asking what this was and telling you I didn't want this to take place, I was told it was just to do with the line saver becoming active. Ticket number  #78849249 if you want to check for yourself.
I said
"Hi I just received an email about a transfer away from my plusnet line to another. This is the first I have heard of this and I did not initiate this. Is this some kind of mistake? I signed up for the fibre unlimited service and paid a years line rental up front fairly recently, is it something to do with that?"
reply:
"Dear Mr Reid,
Thanks for contacting us, the reason for the email you mentioned is because the Line Rental Saver became active as of your new billing date this is all.
Kind regards,"
This seems to be just as much plusnet's fault for telling me it wasn't a real transfer and was nothing to worry about. If you could transfer my line back to plusnet and reinstate my line rental I have paid a year in advance for that would be very much appreciated.
KK
Grafter

@reid1234
It will be interesting to see what "coms.net" have to say when they receive Plusnet's request to transfer the line back to its rightful place.  If they consider themselves to be your current provider, then presumably they will contact you to advise you that they are about to transfer the line.  They might also try to charge you for the service which they consider themselves to have been providing.  If they want money, then it seems to me that, given the content of your Plusnet ticket exchange, it will be very hard for Plusnet to deny responsibility.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that this is now in hand on ticket 80309809 so I'll let CSC place and monitor the order for you.