cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel BT engineer appointment

FIXED
Joey975

Cancel BT engineer appointment

Hi, for past few days my phone line had been dead ie no dial tone and couldn't connect to broadband either.
I raised this up with customer support so they did a line test and found an external fault. Yesterday I had a call to arrange an appointment for a BT Openreach engineer to visit and fix the fault tomorrow on the 14th.
I would now like this appointment to be cancelled as last night my phone line had started working again so obviously there is now no need for an engineer. Maybe BT have done something at the exchange already? I'm not sure, but it's now working.
Could a staff member please cancel this appointment for me please? I just tried getting in contact with customer support via online chat to do this but got cut off before I could say.
Thanks,
Joseph Arden
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cancel BT engineer appointment

Fix

Hi there,

Happy to hear your phone's working again. It looks like your fault report was picked up by an Openreach engineer ahead of the scheduled appointment, fixed a fault on the line yesterday afternoon and sent a clear back to us to let us know.

I've just accepted the clear, effectively closing the fault report down and cancelling the visit.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Joey975

Thank you, much appreciated.

Joseph Arden
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems Joseph, let us know if we can be of further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet