cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me Mand?

David_W
Rising Star

Can you help me Mand?

Ok, I got the email from BT today that line rental is going up 50p/month so BT can go away, I want to switch my phone line from BT to PlusNet....
However, the phone line is not in my name (and I don't want it to be) it's in my mothers name and I would like it to remain that way, in other words, my phone line would switch to PlusNet in an account for my mother, but (on the same line) my current broadband (with Force9) would remain unchanged.  I don't want the phone line stuck on my account, and I don't want my broadband stuck on a phone account (if that makes sense).
Is it possible to do this and keep them both separate?  The lady I spoke to on the phone (very charming lady) didn't seem to think that was possible without playing around with my broadband account, which as I say, is not something I want.
10 REPLIES 10
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can you help me Mand?

Mand doesn't frequent the forums too much these days so I'll reply in her place...
This isn't something that follows our normal processes, but it's not too hard for us to do. We wouldn't normally offer phone-only accounts but can split broadband / phone across two. Here's how you do it:
1. Sign up for a Pay As You Go account in your mother's name here.
2. Add Direct Debit payment details here.
3. Wait for the Direct Debit to go active.
4. Raise a ticket to the Support Centre stating which package and what call features you want and and post back in this thread, we'll then start the transfer process.
jim:green tag fixed mod:end
David_W
Rising Star

I've set up a PAYG account and added DD details, how will I know when it's gone active to open the ticket?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You should get an email to the address you put in when you signed up telling you it's activated. Failing that if you log in to the members centre with the username and password from that account it should tell you in the payment details section here.
David_W
Rising Star

Thank you, it's still awaiting activation.  Another quick question whilst I remember.  BT said they are putting prices up which gives us a 10 day opportunity to leave with no penalties (we're out of the initial contract stage), do I need to notify BT we're leaving now, or will starting the switch count as leaving within the 10 day grace period?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You'll have to ask BT for their confirmation on that one!
David_W
Rising Star

The DD is now active with a ticket number 34793673 Smiley
David_W
Rising Star

Sorry to bug you but something seems to have gone wrong, the ticket states:
We have now placed the order to activate your phone service.
We will confirm the exact date for activation. This is normally 11 days.
Once this is complete we will place the order for your Broadband service, this will take 5 working days to complete after the phone line is fully installed.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 3rd September at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Phone Provisioning until this time.
Kind regards,

**INTERNAL**
I have placed the order to transfer the home phone over in workplace. This is due to complete in 11 days.

I already have broadband with you, the idea was to keep my broadband on this account and have just phone on my mothers.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, the mention of broadband was just a typo.
David_W
Rising Star

We were switched over yesterday but the member centre still says "in progress" which I'm guessing isn't good.  Also Caller ID wasn't implemented like I asked for in my original ticket.  Two slight niggles but other than that, everythings gone smoothly.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We haven't received the notification from BT that your order's completed yet, hence the awaiting activation notice. We've got your update on the ticket and will check into your call features as soon as it all goes active.