cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or messages

auntiefanny

Can't receive calls or messages

I can make calls from my landline but not receive calls and messages. Callers get the ringing sound and can leave a message but my phone doesn't ring and no messages registered on message counter. Have tried the phone test and get the UNCLEAR result. I have even bought a new phone as previous one was about 5 yrs old, I have registered this twice on Plusnet but got not response. Can Plusnet Support team please help? 

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Can't receive calls or messages

@auntiefanny Have you checked on your account that your actions have not automatically raised a ticket/question?

John
auntiefanny

Can't see anything on my account. It's about 3-4 wks since I first reported fault. 

jab1
Legend

OK - I suggest, therefore, that you ring support from a mobile.

John
auntiefanny

Thanks for the advice John. I'd been trying to avoid waiting on the phone for a long time but have just contacted Plusnet and they say there is a fault on the line that Openreach will fix shortly!

jab1
Legend

👍

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@auntiefanny 

Try calling 17070 (a free call) and listening to the number which is read back to you.

It's possible that someone working in the green cabinet in the street has inadvertently swapped your line with another.

EDIT:  Just in case you later get billed for calls you haven't made.  Wink

auntiefanny

I haven't tried this recently (not since I had a different issue earlier in the year) but will give it a go, thanks.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @auntiefanny

Looks like you've raised this with our Technical Support Team. A disconnection has been found at the exchange which is the cause behind this. We;re hoping to have it sorted for you by 25/08/2021.

If you need to get in touch with our Tech support team, you can pop a comment on the open ticket here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds