cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls on my landline

MikeT1

Can't receive calls on my landline

Hi.

I tried to call or use the online chat but it appears the only way to contact Plusnet at the moment is through the community forum (how someone with internet problems is meant to contact you who knows...).

My landline won't receive calls although it will let me call other people. When someone tries to call me they get an invalid number message (on a mobile).

I've tried all the trouble shooting instructions on the Plusnet website and the line checking tool said there wasn't a problem.

Everything worked fine before I switched to Plusnet.

Would someone please contact me to resolve this.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
david54

Re: Can't receive calls on my landline

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem, having recently moved from Virgin media. So I can only ring out on the plusnet line but I can still receive calls on my Virgin line...

eldely56

Since I transferred my 87 year old mom over from Sky on 30th March she has had no incoming calls due to a 'Fault' on the line. Several phone calls and promises later I  was told the line would be fixed by 16th April, yet today still no incoming calls.  I keep phoning up and getting fobbed off with different departments telling me different things, and blaming each other which is not what I want to hear,  Its ridiculous when she has to stay in and cannot receive any in coming calls and no one will help. Why cant someone check what was happening and follow this fault through to when her phone is working. I'm so disgusted and poor mom who cannot hear properly on her mobile is feeling unwell and confused right now. Thanks plusnet for making us proud.  Can anyone let me know where the best place to go to in this difficult and never ending situation to complain please? 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@eldely56 

@MikeT1 

@david54 

If you cannot reach support by phone, then a post on this forum will be picked up by Plusnet staff.

Their job would be easier if individual problems are posted on their own topic, rather than piggy-backing onto an existing one.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@MikeT1 Hi there Smiley I've ran some tests and no fault is coming back, but I see what you mean. When I tried to call your landline it came back engaged. Can you follow these checks and see how you get on please? - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
david54

Noor

I have done all of the master socket tests - no change I'm afraid