Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Line Rental Saver

FIXED
Bud
Grafter

Can't add Line Rental Saver

I let my line rental saver lapse to try and get it in line with my broadband contract date.  After it lapsed I was greeted with a message of

You can't add Line Rental Saver for the moment. Unfortunately Customer Centre Members will not be able to do this for you either.

• Our system may be updating. Please try again later.
  • If you find you can't add Line Rental Saver again, let us know using the Help Assistant.

I left it at the time till I renewed my contact but I still get this message now.  Is there any way to get this added or am I stuck now not able to get the LRS?

4 REPLIES 4
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Can't add Line Rental Saver

Fix

Hi @Bud

I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to add LRS to your account. I have looked into this and can see this is due to a scheduled account change, which we have to allow to complete before LRS can be renewed. I have given you more info on this here

mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I added LRS to my account on the day my phone line went live. Bit disappointed to find that I've still been charged normal rate between that date and my next normal billing date - which was 20 days on. While I can see how you get the figures - your business reputation is easily lost by not saying what you'll do, and certainly by not doing what you say. 

If the screen text, and confirmation email had said we'll apply LRS form your next bill, as long as you add it at least 5 days prior then we'd all know and be happy.

So suspect @Bud will be equally disappointed that they have to wait until after the next bill to be able to add LRS, and then find it still doesn't apply until the billing date after that. While £1 here or there might seem like nothing. I expected it makes PlusNet huge profit, while at the same time has the potential to earn it a reputation like TalkTalk.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mar7t1n,

I'm sorry that when you took out line rental saver you were not made aware that you would be charged the normal rate between the day you added line rental saver and your next billing date. I agree that it would be best for us to inform our customers of this and I will pass on your feedback.

As a goodwill gesture, I have added a credit of £2.50 to your account which is the difference between a standard month's line rental at £18.99 and the pro-rata monthly equivalent of line rental service which is £16.49. This credit will come off next month's bill.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's very much appreciated - thank you.