Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Ring in to Home Phone

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Can't Ring in to Home Phone

Not certain, but now you mention it, @MisterW I'll do a little more investigation locally if the weather stays kind.Smiley

John
mag
Grafter

Just an update for those who have helped.

An engineer came yesterday and fixed a couple of faults he found (exposed/corroded wiring at the outside box and wet connection in the street underground duct box). He also replaced my old phone socket with a new master socket.

The phone now rings, though the line fault apparently isn't reporting as cleared, so he wasn't confident the improvement would be permanent.

Another underground joint is shown on drawings, so he has referred that to survey and tarmac teams.

Dave

jab1
Seasoned Hero

Glad you're getting somewhere, Dave 👍

John
mag
Grafter

On 20th Feb I got a text from Plusnet saying that Openreach would recommence work on the fault on Monday 22nd Feb.

On Monday 22nd the Openreach engineer didn't arrive.

I then got a voicemail from Openreach saying the work was scheduled for Tuesday 22nd  between 8am and 1pm and I  should make sure I was at home.

I waited in, but this slot came and went and no Openreach engineer arrived.

The initial engineer's opinion that the  improvement seen in the phone line after his work would not be permanent given the line was still testing faulty proved accurate. The phone is back to either not ringing, or only ringing once then cutting off (A rectified loop fault I think the first engineer called it).

Now impossible to get incoming calls.

jab1
Seasoned Hero

@mag If the ticket is still open, update it and request an engineer visit.

John