cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Plusnet detect phone line problems and be more proactive?

epat

Can't Plusnet detect phone line problems and be more proactive?

Our phone stopped working around Sept 13. We assumed it was the phone so changed it but clearly it was the line, which we reported at the weekend. We were told it was at the exchange and it would be 1-3 business days from Sunday. Well it's Thursday evening and nothing. My question is, how does Plusnet not know that one of its customer's lines has stopped working at the Exchange - doesn't it get some sort of automatic alert? 

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Can't Plusnet detect phone line problems and be more proactive?

@epat

Welcome to the forums.

This question was asked a few weeks ago and the answer given was a resounding "NO".

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately not, there could be many reasons for a phone not being used or stopping working too.

Is your issue resolved now?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @epat

Sorry to hear you've experienced a fault on your phone line. Unfortunately we're not notified when a fault occurs on a line. When testing a line, this can cause the connection (Of phone and/or broadband) to drop, so if you were mid-conversation and we tested your line just on the off-chance that a fault had occurred, this could potentially cut you off of the phone and/or broadband.

Looking at your account, I'm glad to see your fault has since been resolved, according to the response from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet