Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive incoming calls on Plusnet landline after transfer from Talktalk

FIXED
Avatingo

Can not receive incoming calls on Plusnet landline after transfer from Talktalk

Dear Plusnet Community,

I hope you can help me. 

My landline and broadband changed over from Talktalk to Plusnet yesterday, 11/11/2019, in the afternoon, keeping my old Talktalk landline number. Up to that point my landline and broadband worked fine with Talktalk. Once the transfer to Plusnet happened the broadband works fine and I can make calls, but I can not receive calls. When I call my landline I get the message: The number you have dialled is currently not receiving incoming calls.

I called Plusnet customer services and they advised me to unplug everything and plug a different old style corded phone to the master phone socket, which I did and got the same message not being able to receive incoming calls. I then opened my master phone socket, but there was no test socket inside to test it.

I dialed 17070 from my landline and I get the correct old Talktalk number which has now been transferred to Plusnet.

Plusnet says they do not know what the issue is and is suggesting to send an engineer over, but they say I will have to pay £65 if the fault is in my premises, or if there is no fault, which I am not willing to pay, since I have not changed anything from the set up that was working fine with Talktalk yesterday. This must be something that has gone wrong with Plusnet.

What is the best course of action please? I need to be able to receive phone calls on my landline, as this is the only way for my ageing and frail parents to contact me.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can not receive incoming calls on Plusnet landline after transfer from Talktalk

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Can not receive incoming calls on Plusnet landline after transfer from Talktalk

Hi @Avatingo,

I'm sorry you're having issues. I've just dialed the number and received the same error as you, so it would appear that there's been an issue with the port across. I've raised this to Openreach's Migration services to investigate but it may take 48 hours to get a response. 

In the meantime because you require incoming calls we can add a divert onto the line so incoming calls get diverted to a different number (for example a mobile) if you'd like us to arrange this? If so please confirm we can add this, if the number you want to add the divert to isn't listed as the contact on your account please update this ticket with the number and we'll get this arranged for you. It's worth noting at this point any diverted calls may be charged on your bill but we will ensure any of these are credited off, so don't worry about this. 

Avatingo

Thank you so much Joe, I will use the ticket to give you a number for the call divert. I hope that the issue with my incoming calls will get fixed soon.

All the best.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @Avatingo,

Let me know when you've updated the ticket and we'll get it added for you. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @Avatingo,

We've had confirmation from Openreach that they've fixed this broken migration and your line should now be working as expected. Can you let me know if you're still having problems. 

EDIT: I did just call the number and it rang so fingers crossed.

Avatingo

Thank you so much Joe, my phone now works normally, I appreciate your help.

All the best.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear @Avatingo

Let us know if you have any further problems.