cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not purchase options I want

davidvinograd

Can not purchase options I want

Hi,

Plusnet provides a very good service but the charges for calling mobile numbers is really too much. But they have an option so you can pay a flat rate for a fixed number of minutes so I called to order it.

And was told I could not buy it as I also have the over seas calling plan.

This is silly - the two plans have nothing to do with each other.

Can anyone shed some light on this denial of service?

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Can not purchase options I want

Looking at their call plans they do an Anytime International option which includes 100 minutes of UK mobile for an additional £3 per month.See https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime-international.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Of course if you take a call plan mobile calls are included https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/broadband-and-phone/#included-calls

Do I get any included/free calls?

Inclusive calls are for numbers starting 01, 02 and 03, 0845 and 0870 (some exceptions apply), and for UK mobiles (on the Unlimited UK & Mobile and Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile call plans only).

These calls are inclusive:

• 24/7 with Anytime and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
  • Between 7pm and 7am weekdays and all weekend with Evening & Weekends and Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile Calls
  • All weekend on Weekends

Note: Calls become chargeable after 60 minutes, redial to avoid call charges. 1000 inclusive minutes to UK mobiles on Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile Calls and 2000 inclusive minutes to UK mobiles on Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls.

davidvinograd

Hi,

The root of this problem is that I was on an older version of the international calling plan, which does not have the cell option. But you can not change to the current international calling plan if you have prepaid the line charge due to some issues with the current, soon to be replaced, billing system.

So the fix was to drop the line charge prepayment plan for 30 days, make the switch to the new international calling plan and then restart the prepaid line charge - with a credit so I am not out of pocket. 

And all due to a customer service person who wanted to help.

Dave

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's sorted!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team