cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can dial out on home phone but cannot receive calls

FIXED
suethesmoo

Can dial out on home phone but cannot receive calls

My landline isn't receiving calls. When you phone my number it just cuts off yet I have a dial tone & am able to make outgoing calls. I really need this rectified, my dog was having treatment at the vets this morning & they were unable to contact me which I am rather upset about! 😞

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Can dial out on home phone but cannot receive calls

suethesmoo

Makes no difference whether the handset is even plugged in or not... whoever calls me gets instantly disconnected before it even rings..

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @suethesmoo.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems receiving incoming calls. I've contacted our suppliers and spoken to the number porting team as it sounds like a problem with the number port. I've been advised that the losing provider confirmed the number was ported correctly back in August, however as problems with number ports can manifest themselves in the way you've described, they've put this request through again to try and resolve the issue.

Our suppliers advised that if this was the problem, it should be resolved within the next 30-60 minutes or so, however if this doesn't resolve the issue, we'll have to go through the faults process.

I do hope this resolves the problem, however please do let us know if you're experiencing the same problem later today.

I hope your dog is doing OK at the vets.

EDIT: Scrap the 30-60 minutes, I believe it may already be resolved, your line now rings when dialling it Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
suethesmoo

Lovely, thank you 🙂

And have passed your good wishes on to the dog 😉