cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Plusnet redirect calls to my new number when I move home?

TownTwins
Dabbler

Can Plusnet redirect calls to my new number when I move home?

Hi All,
So I am moving house, unfortunately to a different exchange area. We have had the number we currently have for over 20 years and would like if possible to redirect the calls for a period of say 12 months. The calls do not have to be forwarded simply a robotic announcement advising that the number has now changed to 0123XXXXXXX0 etc
Called customer Service who said no, we cannot have this, when you move your number is disconnected and that is it.
However BT offer this service:
"Can BT redirect calls to my new number when I move home?

Yes, you can add Caller Redirect to your order when you arrange your home move.
Caller Redirect automatically answers calls to your old telephone number and tells callers the new number. Calls to the old number are free of charge. The message given out by Caller Redirect is: "The number called has been changed to... (new number)". The caller has to redial to reach your new number"
Can someone who is happy to put it in writing confirm whether we can or cannot have a similar service through PlusNet.
adie:green removed phone number
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can Plusnet redirect calls to my new number when I move home?

However BT offer this service:
"Can BT redirect calls to my new number when I move home?
Yes, you can add Caller Redirect to your order when you arrange your home move.

This only works if both lines are connected to the same exchange.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Can Plusnet redirect calls to my new number when I move home?

This only works if both lines are connected to the same exchange.
That doesn't make sense Adam ::). Surely if it was the same exchange then it would be possible to take the number when moving.
Caller Rediect just announces the new number
Caller Redirect automatically answers calls to your old telephone number and tells callers the new number. Calls to the old number are free of charge. The message given out by Caller Redirect is: "The number called has been changed to... (new number)". The caller has to redial to reach your new number"
so surely that will work for any exchange, all BT are doing is keeping the old number in service with an automatic announcement. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.