cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PN Provide what BT provides WITHOUT additional Cost/s?

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Can PN Provide what BT provides WITHOUT additional Cost/s?

Hi all,
I do not mind admitting that I have been with BT for my telephone service since 1970.  I have been asked often by many to switch over to TT and others.  But have refused to do so, because the service I have received since 1970 from BT for my telephone service has been fantastic.
I am with PN on BB only ( NO CONTRACT - because I am using my own Router -) on value (Market3) package.
Currently I am on BT's Any time Call plan with Caller ID and 200 SMS/month to any mobile F.O.C.  Can PN match this or better it without incurring any additional costs?
I suppose this is mainly aimed at PN Staff - as I am a bit of a coward to call them up!!!!  Wink
Many Regards,
Chandu.
14 REPLIES 14
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Can PN Provide what BT provides WITHOUT additional Cost/s?

Ive asked a simalr question on here,  basicly are plusnet better value for home phone + Broadband, than BT for the home phone service and plusnet for the broadband, and the answer ... silence, nothing,
I have read somewhere that if you do want to leave Bt they will charge you a huge cancellation fee, as you can only cancel on a certain date each year. As BT now have roling 12 month lock in contracts.
when i attempted to work things out for myself, plusnet were cheapr, but the savings were incredibly small, that coupled by the BT penalty for leaving them makes changing not worth the effort.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2011/09/13/removing-barriers-to-switching-ofcom-bans-rollover-contracts/
The sale of new automatically renewable contracts to residential and small business customers will be prohibited from 31 December 2011.
Ofcom will also require communications providers to move all residential and small business customers currently on rollover contracts to alternative deals, and to completely remove rollover contracts from the market by 31 December 2012.

and whether you are on a 12 month rolling contract at present depends on the product
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I hovered for quite a while before going for PN Home Phone. At the time, the rental was slightly cheaper than BT, but Caller ID was (and is) £0·99/month extra.
In the end I went for the PN package, because the £5/month Anytime 300 option included 300 minutes to the 'Top20' international destinations.
That package was dropped shortly after, but has recently been re-introduced at the same price. You can also opt for Anytime without the international minutes for £3·50/month.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: 4C
You can also opt for Anytime without the international minutes for £3·50/month.

Thanks very much 4C Cool
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Let's not forget that PN is now just a brand, just another facet of the BT iceberg, though they may have a a lighter "local" management who may have a lower cost overhead. In essence the BT corporate management is unlikely to tolerate any genuine price differentials between their corporate divisions other than for short term marketing gains.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Let's look at broadband pricing without a long tie in
- BT 10GB included £14 per month
- Plusnet Market 2 and 3 £6.49 per month
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Strat
Quote from: 4C
You can also opt for Anytime without the international minutes for £3·50/month.

Thanks very much 4C Cool

You're very welcome, Strat. Have you been paying for the 'international' version without needing it then?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Yes Embarrassed It's something I missed, probably because I dive straight into the Forum rather than checking out the portal and Community home pages.
I make 'zero' international calls normally.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

your not one of those who doesnt read his e-mails then surely Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
David_W
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
Let's look at broadband pricing without a long tie in
- BT 10GB included £14 per month
- Plusnet Market 2 and 3 £6.49 per month

That £6.49 is only for the first 3 months, after that it'll jump up to £10.79.  Haven't told my dad that yet though as I just got him to switch phone and broadband over to Plusnet from BT (no referral though  :'()
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: David
That £6.49 is only for the first 3 months, after that it'll jump up to £10.79.  Haven't told my dad that yet though as I just got him to switch phone and broadband over to Plusnet from BT (no referral though  :'()
Wrong there is a special offer running with no end time stated - If you put a Market 2 post code in here http://www.plus.net/signup/index.php/residential/standard/?code=null you get the £6.49 and it doesn't increase after 3 months
David_W
Rising Star

Be very nice if that's the case, I was looking at the smallprint : http://www.plus.net/broadband/
* Plusnet Value: If you live in a low cost area it costs £6.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £6.49 a month for the first three months, then £10.79 or £12.99 a month depending on where you live. See how we compare on price in your area.

My dad should be market 3, he'll be happy if it sticks at that price and I won't have to tell him otherwise Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That doesn't reflect the special offer - if you had been watching the forums there have been a lot of posts about it as existing Market 2 customers have to ask to be put on it
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#costs
David_W
Rising Star

Ohh that's very nice, my dad would be happy if I'd let him know  Crazy