cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use plusnet telephony with a SIP phone?

FIXED
Pete1234

Can I use plusnet telephony with a SIP phone?

I am using soft-phones and SIP phones only. Does plusnet support SIP and if yes: where can I find the SIP settings (server, SIP ID, password, etc.)?

3 REPLIES 3
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Can I use plusnet telephony with a SIP phone?

Fix

@Pete1234 

Not as far as I know.

However, using a device such as the Gigaset N300-IP would enable you to use several SIP services plus a single landline (e.g. PlusNet) seamlessly through the same DECT handsets, although obviously the landline could only be used where it is physically located as opposed to the SIP services which can be used anywhere there is access to the Internet.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Does plusnet support SIP and if yes: where can I find the SIP settings (server, SIP ID, password, etc.)?

To confirm what @RobPN says, they don't. Some SIP providers ( localphone is one ) will allow you to register your landline number as an outgoing CLI. So using the N300 as suggested, would allow outgoing SIP calls to appear as coming from your landline number. Obviously incoming calls to the number would still be routed to the landline.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pete1234

Thank you, RobPN and MisterW.

It's a shame plusnet does not support it but thanks to your answers I can at least stop looking for a solution.