cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a BT Home Smartphone S II as my landline phone ?

zwitterelf
Rising Star

Can I use a BT Home Smartphone S II as my landline phone ?

I am looking for a new easy to use landline phone, which is cordless and I can move around the home. It is an android landline phone. I have a cordless landline phone and it is trash, and the interface is annoying to use since it is text based and not a graphical user interface as in most android smart phones, and when it rings it hangs up so soon before I can pick up to answer the call. I see there are some reasonably priced ones on the web, strange I don't find any sales on argos or amazon... 

I am just wondering if I can use this phone on a plusnet landline.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Can I use a BT Home Smartphone S II as my landline phone ?

I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't know. It's not something we'd particularly support if you did decide to use one. However if this works on a standard BT phone line, I shouldn't imagine that it won't work on our service. -Chris

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zwitterelf
Rising Star

Re: Can I use a BT Home Smartphone S II as my landline phone ?

Thank you very much for the reply. so it appears it may be trial and error for me, yes I had been thinking it should work mostly with the land line, but any dedicated special BT apps  it wont, as long as it can do the basics , answer and dial calls from a touch interface or even get the google assistant to make calls without dialing.