Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I migrate ADSL and keep HP after minimum term

techguy
Grafter

Can I migrate ADSL and keep HP after minimum term

Hi
Just want to clarify, once I've had the bundle for 12 months can I migrate the ADSL out and keep the home phone if I wish to?
10 REPLIES 10
Mand
Grafter

Re: Can I migrate ADSL and keep HP after minimum term

Hi there,
Generally we will allow this. It has to be done manually though as it's not standard procedure.
Bear in mind though if the other provider is full LLU you'd be forced to take the phone also.
Any particular reason you're thinking of moving your broadband? Anything I can help you with? Smiley
techguy
Grafter

Cheers for your reply, Mand
Did notice a distinct drop in performance over the past couple of days but have have been using a lot of CDNed resources so that could be it, switched up to Pro this afternoon and things seem better but was looking to go back to an ISP I used a while ago so rang and asked for a MAC and said I wanted to pay off the ADSL portion of the contract and keep Home Phone.
Was told I'd have to migrate the line back to BT and pay off the lot which seemed rather odd.
Just wanted to enquire as like everyone I'm constantly on the lookout for a good deal and so I wanted to enquire whether I could at the end of the min term if I wanted to.
No question that I would leave the landline in PN's capable hands as no question the service is a lot cheaper than BT and you are all more pleasant to deal with.
So if I needed to, could I just request this via CS or should I ask via here?
Cancellations did not seem that sure
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Migrating out your broadband should result in your Home Phone being kept with us (your account would change to a Generic Service Account).
It's quite commonly done by CSC, but you would have to buy out the remainder of your broadband contract.
techguy
Grafter

I'm definitely sticking till September James which would see out my min term.
However I might look to migrate the BB out as I can get an unrestricted 3Gb for about £11 a month and when I'm back at work I use that connection as much as I can to keep my bandwidth costs down at home, as good as PN is, ADSL is no match for a 40 Meg LAN connection
However, I would be back if my needs increased and would leave the line in PN's capable hands as I do think that for openness and customer service (particularly from you folks that frequent the community) PN is unmatched.
Could you pass on the knowledge you imparted to your cancellations team please as what I got yesterday was a definite NO.
techguy
Grafter

Hi again
Having looked at this again I would like to buy out the rest of the broadband contract please.
I have placed a card on my account for debit of the remaining fees.
As I said I'd like to keep home phone and just migrate out the ADSL, could a member of PN staff please sort out settling that and mailing me a MAC please?
Cheers
P.S. Please do not phone as I have made my decision.
techguy
Grafter

Well I thought I'd put card details on but your system cant seem to retain them (or you've got a server issue)
James
Grafter

Hiya,
If it's a Switch/Solo/Maestro, we're compelled to not keep these on record because they don't allow continuous authority.
If you call up 0845 1406002 then they'll be able to take a payment over the phone and sort you out with your MAC Code.
I would try and convince you to stay, but I know from previous discussions that you've already made up your mind, but I'll be sorry to see you go.
techguy
Grafter

It was a Mastercard but I have one of each of your accepted payment cards so which would be easier?
As for dealing with cancellations they told me I could not do what I was told on the forum I could do which is why I'm trying to organise it via yourselves.
techguy
Grafter

just tried to put an AMEX on file, does like that either.
techguy
Grafter

Right err job done.
Apparently have to ring and pay up once the migration is done.