Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep my phone ( pnet) if I change b/b supplier

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Can I keep my phone ( pnet) if I change b/b supplier

Hi as title

I'm considering  moving to a different b/b supplier as I have cable to the house However i'm not keen on movnig my Phone over to a different supplier and potentially being assigned a new number.

I'm able to get a fibre b/b only deal via a cable supplier  - my current PlusNet  Unlimited Fibre Extra / phone contract  is due to expire later next month so i'm looking at options  So do Plusnet do a phone only contract ?.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Can I keep my phone ( pnet) if I change b/b supplier

@moansalot No - like all CP's - as you have discovered - BB+phone is now usually the deal. You may be able to transfer your number though, but it will take a bit of perseverance.

Who is offering a BB only package?

John
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@moawalot wrote:

Hi as title

I'm considering  moving to a different b/b supplier as I have cable to the house However i'm not keen on movnig my Phone over to a different supplier and potentially being assigned a new number.

I'm able to get a fibre b/b only deal via a cable supplier  - my current PlusNet  Unlimited Fibre Extra / phone contract  is due to expire later next month so i'm looking at options  So do Plusnet do a phone only contract ?.

Thanks

Have you thought about porting your phone no. to a VOIP provider?

All fixed line phone services will be going down this route anyway with the phasing out of POTS/PSTN over the next few years

moansalot
Rising Star

Hi Jab1  -  thanks for the prompt reply

Virgin are still doing a Fibre/cable  ( not FTTC)  b/b package  only   no phone required  - from 50mb d/l through to 350mb d/l  -  in my area anyway.

To be honest  with mobile contracts offering  text/calls and data contracts  - it's getting tempting to ditch the landline entirely  - local Three shop is offering unlimited data / call package for £17 pcm  ( not showing on Three web though ) I  just dont get a reliable/consistant  4g signal in the house - but tempting

Cheers

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

I forgot Virgin were doing that, @moansalot , sorry. I'm surprised though - they are a money-grabbing crew.😉

I don't use my landline for outgoing calls either - SMARTY (cheap '3' brand - do a £5.00/month rolling contract for calls, and I only use data on the iPad, where I have three 24month/24GB data SIMS in store.

John
moansalot
Rising Star

DaveyH

Thanks  - never really considered VOIP  - still a bit of a black art to me  - better start some research.

Cheers