cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I drop Anytime calls without that starting a new 12/18 month contract?

markv
Rising Star

Can I drop Anytime calls without that starting a new 12/18 month contract?

I'm on the 76 MB fibre plus with home phone with anytime unlimited calls.
Been with Plusnet for years on the same deal so long time out-of-contract.
I no longer need anytime calls so would like to save the £6/month.
Tried to do this through the website but gave up after about a hour.  I did find a route to change my phone package but hit 2 snags.
Firstly it would allow me to change Anytime (£6/month) to Evenings/Weekends (£0.00/month). But that doesn't seem right because Evenings/Weekends should be £3/month and I don't need it anyway.
Also there is a Terms & Conditions box. The box is 4 inches by 2 inches.
Displayed in that over-sized postage-stamp are 33 A4 PAGES of text. Do you really expect anyone in the world to read 33 pages of complex T&C under those conditions?
I couldn't see if my change would tie me in for a new contract period - it was just too long and difficult.
So, my question is, can I simply drop my Anytime calls without having to tie in foe a new period? If so, how do I do that?
If you give me Evenings & Weekends, fine, I won't object, but my overriding conceren is not to get tied in to a new contract.
MTIA
6 REPLIES 6
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Can I drop Anytime calls without that starting a new 12/18 month contract?

IIRC you revert to what you had before taking "anytime calls", so free evenings/weekends is possible.
I noticed when taking anytime that it implied a new contract, but it appears to be a billing "oddity".
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
markv
Rising Star

Most interesting. Reverting to free evenings & weekends is a nice bonus for being a long-standing customer. Well done to Plusnet for that.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi markv
During your contract you change your phone plan at any point with out it effecting your contract length your currently on. So you can reduce your phone plan or add extras on to this through the members centre.
tangey
Grafter

Ben,
In sept I decided to add anytime to my call package. I'd read on here that this would not involve me going on a new contract. I did the changed via the control panel, and I was told it would take effect at my next billing cycle, which was the 14th of October. I thought no more about it. However, looking at my account this evening, I see a new cancellation charge of over £110 is active on my account, and it became active on the day the anytime was applied. It appears I'm on a new contract until March 2017. Can you please look at my account and revert it back to being on no contract, which was the basis on which I added anytime.
tangey
Grafter

Quote from: tangey
Ben,
In sept I decided to add anytime to my call package. I'd read on here that this would not involve me going on a new contract. I did the changed via the control panel, and I was told it would take effect at my next billing cycle, which was the 14th of October. I thought no more about it. However, looking at my account this evening, I see a new cancellation charge of over £110 is active on my account, and it became active on the day the anytime was applied. It appears I'm on a new contract until March 2017. Can you please look at my account and revert it back to being on no contract, which was the basis on which I added anytime.

resolved by phone.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it got sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team