Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls over 59 minutes

cpcnw
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Calls over 59 minutes

Just found out [I seriously did not know] that calls over 59 minutes are charged for even on Talk Anytime! And even though it says 'inclusive' on my package description. 

When I moved to my most recent deal I was not made aware of this. I had a quick read of this page

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#unlimited-uk

In a recent support chat where I asked why my bill was nearly double this time I was told it was because of the 59 minute limit!

Been with Plusnet for over 15 years and have over a dozen referrals. The calls I was charged for was to a friend who is on Plusnet because I recommended them.

Seems loyalty means nothing - I have to pay for not reading the small print!

EDIT: OK I just found the information now in a pull down. So it's all my fault for not drilling down through this lot!!!

4 REPLIES 4
cpcnw
Rising Star

Re: Calls over 59 minutes

@plusnet

This issue should be made a lot more *visible* to customer old and new.

Can you please make sure that happens before more people are caught out?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm pretty sure that the hour calling limit is the same across all providers - it's certainly there for sky, talktalk and bt.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cpcnw,

I'm sorry to hear that you you have been charged for exceeding 59 minutes on a call.

I can confirm that if you change your call plan over the phone the inclusive call length limit is included within the mandatory statement that the advisor must read and that you must agree to before the call plan can be changed. If you change your call plan online via the member centre, the inclusive call length limit is outlined within the terms and conditions and that you must tick a box to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions before you can go ahead.

The inclusive call length is also outlined on the call tarriffs page here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
cpcnw
Rising Star

@dvorak That may be the case but I have been a long time customer of Plusnet and not the other providers you quote. I wasn't aware of this and you have to click a pull down menu to see that info. I don't know how that would work with a screen reader for the partially sighted?

Plusnet's answer still is 'you should of read the T&C's' - when short on time who does? I certainly don't remember it ever coming up in phone conversations.

Maybe it's just me but somehow this just feels like another way of extracting more money out of people who get caught out.