cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland

Wmalgal

Calls from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland

Hi,
I am on a evening and weekend plan so should have free calls at weekend to uk landlines.
My Calls from Northern Ireland(NI) to Republic of Ireland landline have been categorised under 'UK landline' (not international) but yet I have been charged approx £5 for calls at the weekend (all less than 60 minutes duration).
I understand that there was agreement with NI politicians that calls from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland to be classed as national and hence be treated differently than calls from England to Republic of Ireland.
My wife previously had a non contract phone package with plusnet and her calls from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland were free (she didn't purchase any specific call plan) so I can't understand the discrepancy.
Please explain plusnets policy with regard to call charges from NI to Eire and if I buy the anytime call package will that include calls to Eire?
8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Calls from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland

Hi, you might like to check this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129108.msg1125297.html#msg1125297
It was confirmed there that calls from NI to Eire should be included in your call plan.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wmalgal

Thanks Mister W. On reading that thread there doesn't seem to be definite policy from PN and it depends on what member of staff answer the question.
Do PN monitor and respond to queries here or do I have to contact them directly in relation to my query...
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yes but they work Monday to Friday  Wink
Now I've said that I'll bet a team member turns up today as they often exceed the call of duty  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Quote from: Wmalgal
Thanks Mister W. On reading that thread there doesn't seem to be definite policy from PN and it depends on what member of staff answer the question. .

My understanding is that there IS a definite policy BUT that not all the staff are aware of it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there.
The reason why you've been charged for the calls is because your on the line only package rather then evenings and weekends.
You took the Line Rental saver upon sign up which doesn't come with a call plan included.
Evenings and Weekends can be added for £2 a month.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Wmalgal

Thanks. Seems an easy enough solution. Wasn't aware that line saver was different to paying monthly.
Wmalgal

But I'm on unlimited fibre contract...does that not include weekend and evening package for free as so your website seems to say?
Certainly the FAQ phone page says this (http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml)
For line saver weekend package your website says it is is not free with unlimited bb but it does n't mention anything about evening and weekends not being free with line saver when you have unlimited fibre.
This is what your phone FAQ states under the heading 2. call plans that are available.
Evening and weekend call package;
Free with Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra
£2.00 a month with Unlimited
£55 credit limit - what's this?
Inclusive calls to UK landlines, 0845 and 0870* numbers 7pm and 7am Mon-Fri, any time on Saturday and Sunday
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Wmalgal,
Welcome to the forums by the way...
This is a long-standing marketing issue - the service is advertised as BB and Calls.
However it is billed as BB, plus line charge, plus call plan.  If you pay monthly then the monthly charge will include the call plan in the head-line product description for free.  If you chose the LRS option it DROPS the call plan.  This did not use to be overly clear in the sign-up journey, but it has been improved.  When did you sign up?
Frankly this remains confusing, the LRS saving is not as great as it appears to be as one (in effect) looses £2 a month value of the W&E call plan.