cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls asking press 2 for unlimited calls

jonne80
Dabbler

Calls asking press 2 for unlimited calls

I been getting this 'press 2 to get unlimited calls' calls since I got this new connection from you guys. Last time when I got this call, I pressed 2 just to find out what the fuss was all about  but here was no response on pressing 2, so I hung up and googled, and seems to be spam call.
I am hoping I wont get changed for pressing 2, is it possible to find out if I will be and has anyone else here experienced the same thing and if yes, have they been changed if they happen to press 2?
Thank you,
Jonn
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Calls asking press 2 for unlimited calls

You've been called by an automated dialler and the system has been set up not to connect a sales droid unless 2 has been pressed.  You won't have been charged...
http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2010/09/06/free-unlimited-calls-my-arse/
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To add to the above, I'd strongly recommend not responding to any calls like this in any way other than hanging up the phone to be honest.
jonne80
Dabbler

Thanks guys, I have added my number on TPS now, I hope I dont get any more spam/scam calls. I will make sure I never get tempted by these offers Smiley
Cheers,
John
picbits
Rising Star

Registering with the TPS will give you some relief but you'll still get spammed by the overseas call centres occasionally. It is worth getting the caller id (99p a month) and a CLID compatible phone so you can see who is calling before you answer.
If you get a UK spam call, ask for their company details, let them know you'll be complaining to the TPS and 9/10 times they will just hang up on you.
If you've got the time to mess them about you can have real fun with them. My stepson managed to string a PPI company along for 18 minutes while we re-enacted a murder in the background. The poor bloke at the other end of his mobile didn't know what to do  Grin