cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Anytime upgrade failure

IanL
Grafter

Calls Anytime upgrade failure

I put in a request for Calls Anytime a day before billing, was told on the phone I have to wait another month now and there is nothing that can be done as it is all "automated". Disappointed firstly in the fact I put in the request before the billing date and there was no mention of a deadline to do this, and secondly I am sure that we are not a robot planet and so I'm sure anything can be done by humans and "no I can't it's automated" is a cop-out of a pathetic reason!  Roll_eyes
8 REPLIES 8
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Calls Anytime upgrade failure

Hi - sorry about that; the actual reason is quite complicated and exists due to the mechanism that drives scheduled payments inside the contract system. There exists no mechanism for our support staff to change over your package earlier than requested - this really isn't a cop out by them. Manual work arounds exist, but are only workable by our Engineering team with access to the back-end databases. Unfortunately they're working hard on resolving the last few niggles from our product refresh and are otherwise in a 'change freeze' due to lowered staffing levels over Christmas and the New Year - any request to force the change through wouldn't be actioned in time and would be prioritized below other customers whose accounts were genuinely broken.
IanL
Grafter

Well I sympathize with others who need things fixed. Unfortunatly I don't want to be paying huge call charges - I'm having a very difficult time myself dealing with hospitals, and solicitors and am trying to reduce costs. I feel strongly let down by Plusnet especially as I've just signed a long contract with you - I'm severely starting to regret it now.
IanL
Grafter

How about a bit of Common Sense from PlusNet if you can't be bothered to sort this out before next bill one whole month away - then I pay you £4 for the service you advertise and when the billing period comes to an end you wipe out the calls you would have charged me.  Roll_eyes
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you pop a credit / debit card on your account in the Member Centre I can change you over - just drop me a PM to confirm they're there and I'll get you changed over today - this will charge £4.
Please note that this is not a service usually offered!
IanL
Grafter

Thanks much appreciated. 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Please check your pm Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All sorted, you're now on Anytime; all calls made as of now will be rated on the Anytime tariff Smiley
IanL
Grafter

Many thanks for getting that sorted, I know you're really busy and all.  Smiley