Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a mobile abroad

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Calling a mobile abroad

I have the £8 a month call plan (anytime plus 2000 minutes to mobile numbers)

If I phone a mobile number abroad is that included in my minutes ?

Does the person I am calling have to pay for the call ?

If the person has a plusnet mobile phone contract does that make any difference to any charges ?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Calling a mobile abroad

If I phone a mobile number abroad is that included in my minutes ?

As long as it's a UK mobile number i.e 07... then, yes it's included. Although there is an ongoing problem with some 07 numbers not being recognised correctly ( see this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/I-called-my-Husbands-mobile-and-it-cost-me-45/m-p/1... )

Does the person I am calling have to pay for the call ?

In principle, yes, the person you are calling is charged for incoming calls when they are 'roaming' i.e not in the UK.

EXCEPT that, due to recent EU regulations, when they are in any EU country they can not be charged.

If the person has a plusnet mobile phone contract does that make any difference to any charges ?

Not specifically, but different mobile operators have different charges when roaming, BUT as above, no operator can charge in the EU

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Calling a mobile abroad

has it spot on Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet