cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Features

Harold1066
Grafter

Calling Features

Do Plusnet offer "Call Sign" as offerred by BT where you get a second number on your line. Calls to this second number are identified by a different ring tone?

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Calling Features

The answer was 'No' in this thread from 2014, and I've seen no mention of it since.

AFAIK only BT offer it.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Harold1066
Grafter

That's a pity. I have had this feature with BT for 15 years and it is probably the one I use most. It's a very cheap way of getting a second number. I think I found the other thread when I was considering switching to plusnet for my phone service a while back. I have used them for Broadband since our exchange was enabled. The software must exist in the exchanges to provide this.

I assume that either (a) BT won't make it available to other providers keeping it as an USP. or (2) Plusnet haven't taken it up since they don't think there will be the demand.

I am surprised that only two people have asked about it.

I am quite keen to keep my second number because I have given it to a lot of people over the 15 years I have had it.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Harold1066 wrote:

The software must exist in the exchanges to provide this.

Undoubtedly.

I think we have to accept that Plusnet is BT's budget label, and as the saying goes - you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Sone examples that spring immediately to mind:

Call Protect is available, but doesn't have an online interface as BT's does.

Plusnet Mobile does not allow short code texts, but numerous forum posts show that many customers didn't read the small print when signing up.

Permanent Number Withhold is available, but doesn't appear on the calling features page. Some customers have only obtained it by posting on the forum, after being advised by the call centre that Plusnet don't offer it.

Live Chat was abandoned several months ago, but many customers are still trying to use it, as even now it appears to be available. See this thread .

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)