Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller id not working

dja76
Hooked

Caller id not working

Hi,

I have recently ported over to plusnet; but the caller id feature is switched on but not working. I did try the *#234# code sequence but it comes back as service not available.

Thanks,

Darren

9 REPLIES 9
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Caller id not working

Welcome to the forums @dja76 

Have a read of this, more so my reply directly below the first post.

Is caller display white (not selected), green (active) or amber (awaiting activation) ?

dja76
Hooked

Hi,

I did check that before testing and it’s green on the website.

Thanks,
DS
Seasoned Champion

Huh

It should therefore be working!!

Without knowing the brand/style of phone, I really can't see why it's not displaying the numbers - guess it was fine with the previous provider?

I think you'd be best to hang on and wait for one of these wonderful, hard working, dedicated Plusnet forum staff so s/he can check if their systems are holding C/D off from working, even though yours is showing green!!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It's a fairly common problem when switching to Plusnet.

It's usually sorted by one of the Plusnet Help Team getting the feature removed and then applied again, as in this thread -

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Caller-Display-Not-Working/m-p/1618594#M28679

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
dja76
Hooked

Just tried again and got through to we chat, they have logged a Call with openreach so hopefully it will be fixed soon?

Thanks for responding anyway
DS
Seasoned Champion

A little confused here Huh

Openreach, afaik, do not have any control over caller display....?

I did note the *#234# code earlier, though now I'm not sure that actually works on Plusnet

That code, seems to be BT Business - bt business how to display and switch off caller id

I thought the only way we could do this was via our control panel - plusnet phone call features

I guess you'll have to wait and see what Plusnet do to resolve this for you Wink

edit. Further info. I've just found this which could explain why it's not working, though you should have been told

secure link

Plusnet Call Protect and Caller Display are not available in a small number of locations, we will confirm if this applies to you after you have placed your order in your online account.

dja76
Hooked

It’s been resolved in 24 hours so thanks plusnet. Appears it was a line fault of some sort.

I can now safely avoid answering the phone to the mother-in-law... or ppi spammers.

(Only joking mum)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

DS
Seasoned Champion

Thumbs_Up

I can now safely avoid answering the phone to the mother-in-law... or ppi spammers.

Bizarrely, the same applies here too!! Roll_eyes

Glad to hear it's sorted!

(enjoy the peace and quiet) Grin

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that has since been sorted, thanks for letting us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet