cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display (not)

cbar
Hooked

Caller display (not)

First post. I've been with Plusnet quite a long time and all fine. But over two months ago the caller display stopped working. Despite being told many times "the fault has been fixed", it hasn't been. I don't understand what is going on and I don't like being stuck like piggy-in-the-middle between Plusnet and Openreach, from neither of whom I get a positive response.

From reading earlier posts about the same topic I discovered the secret codes...

If I dial *#234# , an announcement says "callers identities will be displayed"
If I dial *#001# , an announcement says "no services are in operation on this line".

The logic of this escapes me. What does it all mean?

Baffled.

Chris

ticket 127099472

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Caller display (not)

Hi Chris, sorry to hear this matter is still ongoing.

I have responded to the ticket on your account for you and also re-raised the fault with our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbar
Hooked

I've just had notification from Plusnet that the engineer has worked on the line and is "confident" the fault has been fixed. It hasn't. What's the matter with these people? I've lost count now but it must be 8 or 9 times that the "fault has been rectified". What kind of fault is it that has to be rectified 8 or 9 times? Why is the engineer "confident"? It's either been fixed or it hasn't. If he had bothered to walk down the road and knock on my door and ask, I could have checked there and then. Instead here we are no further forward except that my blood pressure is a few clicks higher. Don't they have any common sense? I'm still getting the "no services on this line" message. Can't they try that themselves?

11 weeks now!

cbar
Hooked

Well here we are again a week later and same old same old. Plusnet just told me "I have checked with BT and they have advised that they have cleared a fault on your line and they believe this has now resolved the issue you reported to us"

The fault is still extant. Despite pleas from me for the engineers to call at my house and check that the fault has gone, they persistently refuse to do so.

I get the feeling that I'm being treated as a "nuisance". So what am I expected to do? This fault has been ongoing since 17th May. I have had messages from SEVENTEEN different names from Plusnet! Nobody wants to own the problem.

cbar
Hooked

No mod brave enough to reply?

Mav
Fixes: 515

@cbar

Mods are customers just like yourself and have no special powers or access to your account.

I am sure a member of staff will answer soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry that this is still ongoing, unfortuantely I have seen instances of faults with caller display faults that last for extended periods but I do hope this gets resolved soon. Looking at the ticket it's with our faults team and they will be contacting Openreach to change the fault location to your premises so it allows us to book an engineer visit.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cbar
Hooked

Here we go again. Just been told the engineer has fixed a fault. No he hasn't. He didn't come to the house. Did any engineer go anywhere? I never had notification he was booked, otherwise I would have gone to the exchange and accosted him.