cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

SnellP
Hooked

Caller display not working

Caller display not working even though it's selected on account. Never had such an issue changing supplier before. Over a month to change with no communications and now still having problems.
11 REPLIES 11
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Caller display not working

Hi @SnellP,

I'm very sorry that your caller display feature isn't working and for the other problems that you experienced during the order progress.

I've checked your account and caller display is showing as active on both our system and our supplier's system.

Please can you dial *#234# from your handset. If there is an announcement to state that the caller display service is disabled you can enable it by dialling *234#.

If it says the service is enabled but caller display isn't coming up on your phone, please trying a different handset.

Please let us know if there is no announcement when you dial *#234#

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
eddy
Hooked

If it is any consolation I moved to Plusnet over a week ago and neither Caller display or Voicemail is working. I have followed the advice on the website and it didn't help.

A further point more important point, my phone line was transferred from Sky OK, but there was no broadband. A week later it was almost working in spite of wasting (literally hours) on the phone, mostly listening to music. The eventual helpful agent concluded that the router was faulty and a new one would be supplied - yet more time without broadband. As luck would have it about 15 minutes after finishing the lengthy call my broadband started to work. I sent an email to Plusnet to advise them of this and to cancel the request for a replacement.

At the beginning of this exasperating saga, I resorted to writing an old fashioned letter, making a formal complaint about the appalling lack of service. I have still had no reply .

For a so-called communications company they are incredibly hard to communicate with. I have had previous experience as a subscriber to BT and Sky and have never before experienced such dreadful customer service. Lengthy wait times when phoning were never an issue. I am beginning to bitterly regret every moving to Plusnet

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @eddy.

I am really sorry for your recent experience with us, the caller display wasn't added on our back end system so I've added this and it should go live within 1 working day. Everything looks OK with the voicemail but please let us know if this still isn't active.

I have replied to the ticket on the account here. If you let us know once you have responded we will pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
eddy
Hooked

Hi

I have responded with a note under "additional information" I have no idea whether you have received this.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @eddy 

I have replied to your ticket - you can use the same link that is provided above to view this. 

Thanks, 

MoR

SnellP
Hooked

I have tried the options as stated but the caller display is still not working correctly with the bt 8600 call guardian phones. It will not show up the vip list in caller display to allow them to come through.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, Can you tell us if the service was disabled when you try calling *#234#? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SnellP
Hooked

Hi. It said it was enabled.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Do you have a alternative phone that you can try to see if this has the same issue?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SnellP
Hooked

No they are the only phones we have.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @SnellP,

Before we go any further with the investigation of this issue at this stage we need to rule out the internal equipment being an issue. As you don't personally have another phone handset to hand, would you be able to test this using a borrowed handset from a friend or neighbour?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team