Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

FIXED
iscotter

Caller display not working

Hi

Please could someone reboot my CLI Caller Display on my line?

I have Caller Display in my phone options.

I tried *#234# - "The service is not available"

I tried *234# - "The service is not available".

It seems from other posts that the Help Team needs to give it a boot, please.

Thanks

Iain

14 REPLIES 14
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Caller display not working

Hi @iscotter,

I'm sorry you're having issues. I've removed and re-added the service and it should be back up and running for you later today. Let us know if you're still having issues this evening. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@iscotter

I've had confirmation from Openreach that it should all be up and running now for you. Let me know if you have any further issues.

iscotter

All working now, many thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's great to see, thanks very much for letting us know. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HBwell

Hiya, I have the same problem, talked to someone from plusnet over a week ago who tried putting me on it but couldn't, and they left a message with openreach to look into it. Still not working. I had it when I was with bt so I know I can get it. Be great if you could help. Thanks Hazel.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @HBwell,

I'm sorry that your Caller Display feature isn't working and for any inconvenience caused. I've had a look into this and the feature was showing as active on our system but not on our supplier's system. I've placed an order to add this on via our supplier's system now and it should be working within 24 hours.

I'm sorry that the advisor that you spoke to raised this to our suppliers as a fault - this wasn't the correct process and I'll pass on feedback.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
HBwell

Hi, The caller Id was still not working so I tried Removing it on my account to see if it come on by adding it again . But now my account just says waiting removal . Not sure how long it takes to remove . And hope I havent made the situation worse. Hope it can be added back on. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @HBwell, I am sorry that this is still not working. I have raised this back to our suppliers and will get back to you once I get an update.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
HBwell

Thank-you, think it's finally working. Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any further issues with it.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
iscotter

Oh Dear.  It's all gone pear shaped again.  Following your intervention in the forum thread above, all went to plan and Caller display returned, as documented above.

Unfortunately, a few days later (13th Nov) i got two emails, seconds apart saying that I'd placed an order (nope) to change my call features.  The first was to install Caller Display, the other to remove it.  This was followed by a "removal complete" email.

I called that evening and spoke to [CSA Removed], who reassured me on the call, and later by email, that all was well and that Caller Display was part of my service and would be re-instated.

Sadly not!  I've waitde until now to see if the other "install feature" order had been delayed, but still no feature.

How do we (1) get this fixed, and (2) ensure that the catch-up paperwork later doesn't screw it up again, please?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I've placed the order to add caller display back to your line and this should complete in the next hour or so

Let us know if this happens again

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iscotter

Thank you Matthew, that has resolved it for now.  How do we ensure that the previous problem doesn't re-occur - it seems that the last time one of your colleagues on the forum team fixed the problem, the follow-up paperwork conspired to undo it a week or so later?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @iscotter

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm pleased that this has been resolved.

It's difficult to ascertain whether this will reoccur as it shouldn't have happened last time - if this does reoccur, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate and resolve accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave